Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Chasidishe instagram using secular songs with curse words?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:48 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
Hu????
I'm chassidish from birth and I'd appreciate if you stop painting us as naive and sheeple. We're not crazy and we DONT use crass language because we don't know what it means.
If someone's using a bad word they know good and well what they're saying
Thank you!

I beg to differ. Maybe not everyone is like you.
Im not on instagram.
But I sometimes have conversations with chasidish people. And I have observed that some of them will, at times, use words they may not realize are inappropriate language .

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:51 pm
The two chassidish ppl I follow on insta don’t seem to be all there. I wouldn’t worry too much about what they post…

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:53 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
I beg to differ. Maybe not everyone is loke you.
Im not on instagram.
But I sometimes have conversations with chasidish people. And I have observed that some of them will, at times, use words they may not realize are inappropriate language .

Would you give an example? Can't think of something ppl would say not knowing it's inappropriate.

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:55 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
Hu????
I'm chassidish from birth and I'd appreciate if you stop painting us as naive and sheeple. We're not crazy and we DONT use crass language because we don't know what it means.
If someone's using a bad word they know good and well what they're saying
Thank you!

This is my experience.
I didn’t say it was everyone and I definitely didn’t call chasidim crazy.
You can kindly have your opinion no need to attack.
And like I said I married chassidish so definitely wouldn’t be bashing a sect I’m proud do be a part of.

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 8:13 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Im not on instagram.

An adult who knows any bad words usually know what they mean. No one's going around saying stuff just because 'everyones saying it'.
Children maybe and that's everywhere not just by chassidim, but adults? Nope.

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 8:15 pm
amother Puce wrote:
If it’s the account I think you’re talking about, she’s a sandwich short of a picnic. I don’t think she’s aware enough to know better

She has thousands of followers including some higher profile “respected” and “famous” friends who are also influencers. THEY know better. Why are they not making her aware, as opposed letting people laugh at her? I unfollowed her, it was painful.

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 8:16 pm
amother Purple wrote:
Would you give an example? Can't think of something ppl would say not knowing it's inappropriate.

I know a chassidish woman who is totally refined but will randomly say "c rap" and "d amn" which are not words you usually here out of yeshivish people's mouths.

I think by her it's considered normal enough that she's not embarrassed to say it in a professional setting. This woman is totally professional and diplomatic. She has all her marbles. More marbles than the average person.

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 8:19 pm
amother Canary wrote:
I know a chassidish woman who is totally refined but will randomly say "c rap" and "d amn" which are not words you usually here out of yeshivish people's mouths.

I think by her it's considered normal enough that she's not embarrassed to say it in a professional setting. This woman is totally professional and diplomatic. She has all her marbles. More marbles than the average person.

And I'm sure she knows what it means. The poster that I responded to originally claimed that chassidim don't know what they say when they say it.
Anyone saying these 2 words knows exactly what they're saying.
Appropriate is a different issue.

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 8:22 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
And I'm sure she knows what it means. The poster that I responded to originally claimed that chassidim don't know what they say when they say it.
Anyone saying these 2 words knows exactly what they're saying.
Appropriate is a different issue.

Oh oh got it. Yeah she says it in the right context. I guess she doesn't see them as bad as I do.

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 8:30 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Im not on instagram.

This is true for some . I work with very Chasidish men and there’s one guy who constantly curses , but he has no clue what he’s saying . If he did , he’d never say it .

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:26 pm
Have you ever heard a chassidish mom saying to kid, "I'm gonna give you a p****!"
She means she's gonna kiss the kid, I don't believe she's aware of the other usage of the word. Lots of such examples....

I'm laughing as I post this- I previewed this submission and the 'p' word got asterisked automatically. So there.

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:28 pm
amother Linen wrote:
Have you ever heard a chassidish mom saying to kid, "I'm gonna give you a p****!"
She means she's gonna kiss the kid, I don't believe she's aware of the other usage of the word. Lots of such examples....

I'm laughing as I post this- I previewed this submission and the 'p' word got asterisked automatically. So there.

whats this word? I cant seem to guess.

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:29 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
whats this word? I cant seem to guess.

Same.
Prob another for for slap. Or a body part.

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:31 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
Same.

Pu*sy- double s

giftedmom

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:32 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
Same.

P**sy

Trademark

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:33 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
Same.

It's baby talk for kiss in Yiddish.

And it has nothing to do with not being aware of what it means, it's the Yiddish word used for kiss. I'm sure some words in English are curse words in other languages.

I say it too even though I'm well aware of what it means as I grew up with it meaning kiss and when I hear that word it's the first thing I think about.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:43 pm
This has come up before, but in German (and therefore in Yiddish) Bussi (pronounced like pvssy) means kiss (and specifically a non-romantic type kiss like you would give your kid or grandmother or whatever). I also used to say it because our family has background in one of those languages.
That said once I moved to America I stopped saying it to my kids because I realized it sounds bad.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:51 pm
The word 'kish/kush' in Yiddish (Hungarian?) means familial-type kiss, too, and one can use that instead... not the point. I'm not trying to split hairs here, just providing cultural background and ed.

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:58 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Im not on instagram.

I know a guy who got himself in trouble at work because he didn’t realize that “sp!c” was a slur for Hispanic people. He really offended someone in casual conversation.

And DH was once horrified and amused when he heard a respectable Hebrew and Yiddish speaking Israeli rav repeatedly use the word “bullsh!t” in a speech without realizing that it’s a bad word.

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:02 pm
amother Linen wrote:
The word 'kish/kush' in Yiddish (Hungarian?) means familial-type kiss, too, and one can use that instead... not the point. I'm not trying to split hairs here, just providing cultural background and ed.

Most people do say kish. I've never heard anyone use that word till my Williamsburg born husband used it. It grossed me out and I don't allow that word in my home, but y relatives who do use it know exactly what else that word means.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics