Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
If you have a pesach kitchen- did you start cooking?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Busybee5

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 4:31 am
No I start about 3 weeks before Pesach, even 2.5 weeks before is good for me.

Busybee5

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:01 am
amother Taupe wrote:
I’m making a simcha erev Pesach and I have a Pesach kitchen so I do plan to start early. Like a day after Purim or so. When the store have Pesachdik ingredients.

Not now. What for? And if I stock up my freezer with Pesach things where will I keep my challah and cakes for the next 2 and a half months?

Truth is if there are Pesach ingredients available a week before Purim I’d consider cooking then. But that’s probably the earliest I’d go.

I'm lucky enough to have a separate freezer for Pesach, it's a game changer!

imasinger

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:09 am
I have a friend whose "pesach kitchen" is 2 crockpots, a table, and a sink in her basement. She cooks and freezes soups, brisket, stews, etc. By Nissan, she feels mostly finished.

I like to start early, but she leaves me lying in the dust. And with just a couple of crockpots!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:22 am
imasinger wrote:
I have a friend whose "pesach kitchen" is 2 crockpots, a table, and a sink in her basement. She cooks and freezes soups, brisket, stews, etc. By Nissan, she feels mostly finished.

I like to start early, but she leaves me lying in the dust. And with just a couple of crockpots!

A Pesach kitchen doesn't need to be a fancy thing but one needs a sink and a place for some kind of table or surface for preparation. Electrical outlet for oven and if possible a gas pipe for the cooking ranges (unless you use electrical)

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
You need eggs
Potatoes
Onions
Cocoa Powder- probably is kfp anyway
Potato starch- maybe some stores sell
Sugar
Vanilla- just make sure it’s says kfp
I wouldn’t buy chicken and meat yet unless I know for sure it’s kfp

Potatoes and eggs, yes. What should I make with those? Frozen potato kugels? My family doesn't like them.

The Jewish grocery here doesn't sell cocoa, sugar or salt except for pre-Pesach; everyone buys it in the regular supermarket. They have no potato starch either, except for Pesach time. No oil either.

I know whereof I speak. Smile
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics