Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Im the Op from the bedtime thread
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Sebastian

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:50 am
Also put her to bed spearate from her sibling. Use your room if you need to.

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:35 am
Would this work to encourage her to stay in bed:

Every night before bed she gets a small (lchaim) cup with 10 tiny candies (the tiny chocolate lentils, or oodles or something tiny like that) that she can have in the morning as a reward for staying in bed. Every time she comes out of bed, take 1 candy out. In the morning she gets a reward for staying nicely in bed.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:38 am
Consistency is the key.
Also, NO talking, No emotion. Repeatedly, silently, direct her back to her bed.

Success10

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:42 am
Another vote for melatonin. Maybe not the healthiest route, but still a world healthier than losing your mind each night.

ducky

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:32 am
amother Red wrote:
Would it work for you to push off her bed time by an hour and see if she falls asleep faster? Hatzlocha rabba!

This. I did this with my kid and it was a game changer.

amother
Molasses

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:22 am
My kids play in their room until they get too tired and go into beds and fall asleep.

We do bedtime routine, they are in bed, they know as long as they stay in their rooms and play quietly they can be out of bed until they are too tired.

I know it’s not ideal but my kids all do it and they end up getting a good night sleep. The older ones usually read in bed until they fall asleep.

It’s the only way I can stay sane and not turn bedtime into a negative experience for them.
I used to yell at them to stay in bed (I know it’s not physical but I don’t think any yelling is good for a child) and after trying different routines and motivators this worked.

amother
Outerspace

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:12 pm
Op you sound like a good mom who is just overwhelmed. Bedtime is so stressful!

Here is an idea.
With my 4 year old I made a sticker chart for 1 week. If he stays in his bed that night (doesn’t have to be sleeping just in bed), we give him a small prize to choose. I bought a box of 300 prizes or party favors for cheap on Amazon. If he gets a whole week of stickers, I take him to amazing savings and let him pick out a big toy. We are now on a 21 day chart. So big toy is after 3 weeks.
I do the same routine every night same time.
Hatzlacha!

amother
Outerspace

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:13 pm
[quote="amother Outerspace"]Op you sound like a good mom who is just overwhelmed. Bedtime is so stressful!

Here is an idea.
With my 4 year old I made a sticker chart for 1 week. If he stays in his bed that night (doesn’t have to be sleeping just in bed), we give him a small prize to choose. I bought a box of 300 prizes or party favors for cheap on Amazon. If he gets a whole week of stickers, I take him to amazing savings and let him pick out a big toy. We are now on a 21 day chart. So big toy is after 3 weeks.
I do the same routine every night same time.
Hatzlacha!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:17 pm
Again, as I posted before, why must she be asleep before x time.
Same way people sleep train babies, by putting them in awake amd having them play in the crib till they put themselves asleep.
She can play in her room quietly until she falls asleep.

I put my little kids to bed, and honestly dont care what they do in the room as long as they stay in the room and keep the light closed. They pretty much read, talk, and play with some cars..

amother
Begonia

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
She doesn't nap during the day
The cd player and nightlight are on
Whe has books she brings into bed already
I sit with her and speak about her day
What am I missing?

You're missing melatonin.

naomi2

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:51 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Sit at the entrance to her room not facing her and read. This way you are there but not engaging with her

I do exactly this. I sit about 3 feet away from the door on a small step stool, back against the wall and read until she falls asleep. She doesn't try to come out but if she would I would tell her I'm closing the door and I'll only stay if she follows he rules

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:02 pm
Walking back to bed with no interaction is going to take a week to become boring. Keep at it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:08 pm
Her net is bag up on her bed. She saw she couldn't get out being zipped inside. She did attempt to get out and was trying to get my attention by laughing. I ignored it and she fell asleep very quickly bH

amother
Tomato

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:31 pm
What’s a net bag?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:34 pm
Now you sound abusive.

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
Her net is bag up on her bed. She saw she couldn't get out being zipped inside. She did attempt to get out and was trying to get my attention by laughing. I ignored it and she fell asleep very quickly bH

What is that?

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:45 pm
amother Broom wrote:
What is that?

Probably a crib tent.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:54 pm
amother OP wrote:

OP, please do not trap your child inside a zipped tent that she can’t get out of. This is as bad as locking her in her room. This child is going to have issues later on if you don’t find some better methods. Please consult with a professional.

amother
Broom

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 10:25 am
Cheiny wrote:
OP, please do not trap your child inside a zipped tent that she can’t get out of. This is as bad as locking her in her room. This child is going to have issues later on if you don’t find some better methods. Please consult with a professional.

Agreed this is really not the best way to contain a 3 year old. Please try other methods there is a great book called what to do when you dread your bed, has great methods in it

bsy

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 10:28 am
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
Again, as I posted before, why must she be asleep before x time.
Same way people sleep train babies, by putting them in awake amd having them play in the crib till they put themselves asleep.
She can play in her room quietly until she falls asleep.

I put my little kids to bed, and honestly dont care what they do in the room as long as they stay in the room and keep the light closed. They pretty much read, talk, and play with some cars..

Am I the only one with kids who would do one of two things? Either they'd get very wild, which ends up with someone hurt and crying. Or they'd trash the room with all the toys.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics