Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
No one would ever imagine that I... your turn
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 12:43 am
amother Topaz wrote:
I can read but not well and not fluently. I don’t do homework with my kids because I don’t trust myself to notice mistakes.
I don’t know how to daven and hate going to shul for this reason. My dh sees me as a smart person and doesn’t believe me.

Omg I’m the same way!!! I’m 35 and I never do Ivra homework. I don’t know it well.

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 7:00 am
Is ivra a word people use?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 7:20 am
amother Daylily wrote:
Is ivra a word people use?

Chassidish people do. She means kriah.

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 7:22 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Chassidish people do. She means kriah.

Oh.. I never heard this before. I thought it was a shortcut for ivris(t).

amother
Quince

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 7:31 am
No one would imagine that my dad s-xually, emotionally, and physically abused all his children. We are a beautiful family to the outside world. But we're really all just hollow, broken, empty shells of sadness.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 7:56 am
... have no desire to daven from a sidur. I do speak with Hashem in my own words. I believe in Hashem, but I don't get saying words made up by others that just don't make sense to me. It doesn't 'speak to me'.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:23 am
amother Junglegreen wrote:
Omg I’m the same way!!! I’m 35 and I never do Ivra homework. I don’t know it well.

In lower elementary grades my teacher said a story of someone was being taken to gan eden because he davened a lot and the entire way was full of bees and big flies when he asked what it is he was told it was all mistakes because he created new meaning to words something like it. Today I know it’s all bs but I still can’t connect to davening because I know I make mistakes.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:33 am
That when one of my kids was born I was hoping she would get cuter. The first year and a half my heart would break looking at her, because she looked very not cute, to put it mildly. When I asked my best friend, she agreed (in a kind way) that my baby wasn't really cute.

When she was about 2 or 3 she started to get cuter and cuter. Today she is a pretty preteen!

amother
Chicory

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:39 am
amother Maroon wrote:
... have no desire to daven from a sidur. I do speak with Hashem in my own words. I believe in Hashem, but I don't get saying words made up by others that just don't make sense to me. It doesn't 'speak to me'.

I also can’t daven from a siddur but it’s because of always being forced to daven. I always speak to Hashem in my own words.

a2z

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:52 am
amother Almond wrote:
Well I labeled my cookies chicken and they’re gone😂

Do you have big boys by any chance?
(That may have actually gone for the chicken)

amother
Calendula

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:55 am
amother Daylily wrote:
That is…😤
You probably get sick often.

It's actually good for the immune system

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:56 am
nobody would ever imagine that I am in a miserable marriage. Married to a Narcissist who makes everyone else in the world think he's a huge tzaddik. But at home he is mean, I have to walk on eggshells all the time, and he is not interested in spending time with me or being with me intimately more than once a month at most, and even then he is focused on his own pleasure and not much on my pleasure.

peace2

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:09 am
amother Junglegreen wrote:
In lower elementary grades my teacher said a story of someone was being taken to gan eden because he davened a lot and the entire way was full of bees and big flies when he asked what it is he was told it was all mistakes because he created new meaning to words something like it. Today I know it’s all bs but I still can’t connect to davening because I know I make mistakes.

That's an awful thing to tell an elementary schooler! I struggled a lot with kriah when I was little and probably would have had no motivation to improve if I had been told that

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:19 am
amother NeonYellow wrote:
That when one of my kids was born I was hoping she would get cuter. The first year and a half my heart would break looking at her, because she looked very not cute, to put it mildly. When I asked my best friend, she agreed (in a kind way) that my baby wasn't really cute.

When she was about 2 or 3 she started to get cuter and cuter. Today she is a pretty preteen!

I don’t think all my kids are cute on face. They all Bh look healthy and sweet, but not everyone is gifted a cute/pretty face and it’s ok.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:49 am
That when I go in places with a lot of people, I look at people and see if I can read their minds.

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:51 am
amother Tangerine wrote:
That when I go in places with a lot of people, I look at people and see if I can read their minds.

So that explains why I sometimes feel like people are examining me. It makes me feel so uncomfortable.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:08 am
amother Tangerine wrote:

I'm sorry but that's creepy 😳

Queen Of Hearts

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:08 am
amother Calendula wrote:
It's actually good for the immune system

Eating snot is good for the immune system?? Puke

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:15 am
amother RosePink wrote:
that I pick my nose and eat it TMI TMI TMI TMI
not on a regular basis but randomly when no tissue around
I pick my dry skin too and eat it TMI TMI
Is that eiver min hachai? I read that eating fingernails is.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:35 am
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Eating snot is good for the immune system?? Puke

Anyone wanna join a snot eating party? They say it’s good for your immune system. I’m sure we won’t ever be sick again Rolling Eyes
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics