Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How much do you play with your baby
Previous  1  2

How long do you spend on the floor playing with your baby (under 12 mo)
Never  
 5%  [ 5 ]
10 min a day  
 16%  [ 16 ]
20 min a day  
 11%  [ 11 ]
30 min a day  
 11%  [ 11 ]
Over 30 min a day  
 46%  [ 45 ]
A few times a week  
 7%  [ 7 ]
Just on shabbos  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 96

mushkamothers

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:21 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
I didn't hug you but I disagree. Babies are social just like us. They love to play with us. Playing doesn't mean building a tower and walking away, it means building with them, letting them knock it down and laughing together.... promotes joint attention and relationships.
BTW I usually agree with your every word and learn a lot from you😁😁

I think this is also personality. We are humans and our babies are humans. It is not my personality to play on the floor with my kids at any age. That's literally why I buy toys for them(and why I'm so into which toys I buy!)

I do observe them very deeply which is an underrated skill that honestly doesn't get any attention outside of Montessori - people trained in it. So I can be on the floor but im not engaging im just observing. it's possibly more valuable to sit back and watch them deal with the blocks than to stack it for them or together with them.

Anyways that's not the same as interacting. I chat and laugh with them just not on the floor. As I type this I'm sitting in a playroom with other mommies and kids and the kids ages 4, 3 and 9 months are off somewhere in this room playing. I'm actually physically on the floor but I'm not on top of the baby.

I just think it's an important point to make. You don't have to literally play with your baby to be a good mother. Like it's not necessarily part of the job description or else I'd fail before starting. You can put them on the floor with toys and walk away and then engage during the rest of real life.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics