Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
So upset over bad experience with frum store UPDATE
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 2:44 pm
You really had an unbelievable ending to this story you posted yesterday out of frustration. I’m happy for you!

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 6:50 pm
bnm wrote:
I had that experience with whoopi too twice. Lady was surprised that I was ok with keeping just one. 'But your kids wont match' I said for end of season sale items I am ok with not matching.

Some people, including mothers of twins, believe in emphasizing each child's individuality and deliberately don't dress their children in matching clothes. It also makes shopping much easier. This whole scenario wouldn't have happened to a woman who was willing to buy non-identical outfits. Not that the store behaved properly,that's a separate issue. Just saying that if OP hadn't been an akshan about identical outfits she wouldn't have had this particular problem.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 6:51 pm
amother Navy wrote:
Some people, including mothers of twins, believe in emphasizing each child's individuality and deliberately don't dress their children in matching clothes. It also makes shopping much easier. This whole scenario wouldn't have happened to a woman who was willing to buy non-identical outfits. Not that the store behaved properly,that's a separate issue. Just saying that if OP hadn't been an akshan about identical outfits she wouldn't have had this particular problem.

She’s entitled to want to dress her kids however she likes. Maybe this was an outfit for two teenage cousins. Who cares.
I think this is what they call victim blaming.

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 6:57 pm
amother Navy wrote:

Five whole pages of polite and relevant replies. But here amother Navy made it her business to make a disparaging comment about OP 🤷‍♀️
Smh some people are really unbelievable.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 7:04 pm
So happy it worked out!!!

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 7:12 pm
amother Navy wrote:

Don't agree. If the store sells matching clothes in different sizes, boy/girl sets etc then they are catering to those who want this!

I mean if you go to a grocery store for some sweet potatoes and come home to find regular potatoes, you'd want a refund, right? If you vent to a friend that the owner won't refund 'because it's our policy not to refund perishables once they leave our premises' and it was their delivery guys mistake, what du want her to ansa? 'Nu why du need sweet potatoes? Just chill, use reg potatoes..'? Methinks not.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 7:27 pm
amother Navy wrote:

Wow. No words.
Bh most people are nicer and more understanding than you are.
I didn't post anything about how my kids dress, yet you decided that I'm "an akshen about identical outfits." Unbelievable.

CPenzias

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 7:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
They don't let because the exchange/return window has passed. I tried telling them that it's a problem on their side, but they're not budging. "This is store policy".

Dispute the charge and send back the one item when you get your money reimbursed

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 7:50 pm
amother Navy wrote:

Wow. What a genuine
Ohev shalom and Jew lover u are Rolling Eyes

CPenzias

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 7:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
DH said I should just give it away & not fuss over it. I'm just disappointed and upset that a frum business can be so nasty.

I disagree. It's not ok and they should be held accountable. Especially when they were so nasty. Ugh!

CPenzias

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 7:54 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
I just had an annoying experience.
My son was outgrowing his school pants. Someone recommended a certain type of pants from a frum children’s clothing store. It’s their own brand. I never tried it before. I looked online and found it. When I realized that I was paying a lot for shipping a pair of pants I decided to try the store itself. They have a few locations and there is one in my area. I called them first to make sure they have the pants. They did. The told me it’s cheaper to buy 2 pairs because the second one is half price. The person who answered the phone made it sound like it’s the last 2 pairs in his size. She said I could pay over the phone and she’ll put it aside. After I gave her my cc number she said that the pants will be in a bag hanging on a rack in the back of the store but I should go to the counter and someone will get it for me.
The next day I went to the store. There was a very long line at the register. I looked around to see if there was a salesperson on the floor who could get my bag since I paid already. No one. So I waited on line for 20 minutes. The person by the register told me I should just go to the back and take my bag. Banging head I started searching through all the orders but my bag wasn’t there. I looked over and over again. I went back to the front and told them but they said if it’s not there then they don’t know. I paid for it! I begged them to look on the shelves behind the register. One girl looked for 2 seconds and said it’s not there. Another salesperson showed up just then and she looked too but didn’t find it. I told them it doesn’t make sense. I paid for it just yesterday. Finally the second salesperson moved some things to the side and there it was! No apologies from them!
When my son tried on the pants they were too tight for him. I went back to return it the next day. I waited in line for 1/2 hour!!! I placed the pants and receipt on the counter and was told- sorry, no returns on pants!! They said they tell everyone when they buy pants. NO ONE told me!!!!! I asked for store credit but they said the manager doesn’t let for pants. I told them that no one told me this and I would have never bought it before trying had I known.
So now I have 2 brand new pairs of pants. I’m furious with this store. Of course I will never shop there again. I think I will back charge.

Definitely back charge. You spent almost an hour of your time for nothing!

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 7:57 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
unrelated but I was in a lakewood store yesterday and found a beautiful dress came to the counter and asked about the return policy lady was like sorry no return policy not even same day no store credit nothing!!! on a 540 dollar dress! needless to say I dropped it and walked out..

dont think Iv seen that before.. a store with zero return policy

I grew up in fashion retail business. My parents' stores had generous return policy. The exception was evening gowns. Unfortunately it was too common for women to buy, wear once with tag still on and hidden in dress, and then return.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 8:09 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
I grew up in fashion retail business. My parents' stores had generous return policy. The exception was evening gowns. Unfortunately it was too common for women to buy, wear once with tag still on and hidden in dress, and then return.

Ok but you can give someone the option to return it same day before closing. And next day for store credit. It really doesn't have to be a zero return policy.

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 8:12 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
Ok but you can give someone the option to return it same day before closing. And next day for store credit. It really doesn't have to be a zero return policy.

Yes, same day makes sense. But even next day for credit, sadly, too many take advantage. Wear, return, pick out next simcha dress.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 8:13 pm
amother Navy wrote:
you do realize she never said what it was right? Maybe it was a shirt and skirt/pants/jumper.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wow. No words.
Bh most people are nicer and more understanding than you are.
I didn't post anything about how my kids dress, yet you decided that I'm "an akshen about identical outfits." Unbelievable.

So what was the item that was no good if you only had one? Genuinely curious.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:03 pm
amother Navy wrote:

It’s ok if you are against matching kids even twins but that is not what was the topic here.

CPenzias

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 10:36 pm
amother Navy wrote:

Wow. There's a lot of ASSuming going on in your part. Keep using your Hebrew verbiage so you think you're so good.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 10:46 pm
This is a no brainer. Dispute the credit card charge

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 10:49 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
This is a no brainer. Dispute the credit card charge

They already apologized and agreed to refund
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics