Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you return calls from numbers you don't know?
Previous  1  2

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 11:23 pm
So I don't expect people to call back a random number but I will keep trying..

I don't leave messages because I don't need people talking / leaving a name. In our chassidus people know each other and start yenting

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 11:25 pm
amother Smokey wrote:
If the same number calls again I would pick up. Scenario I can think of is someone is calling to get shidduch reference (I personally wouldn't leave a message when I call for references)

I understand that you might not want to leave a message saying, "Hi this is So and So, I'm calling for a shidduch reference for your friend Shprintza."

But you can say, "Hi this is So and So, I was told you may be able to help me with something, if you can let me know a good time to reach you I'd really appreciate it."

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 11:32 pm
amother Smokey wrote:
So I don't expect people to call back a random number but I will keep trying..

I don't leave messages because I don't need people talking / leaving a name. In our chassidus people know each other and start yenting

I don't know why you think you need to leave your name when you leave a voicemail?
I get plenty voicemails for shidduchim and they say it like this "Hi, I have your name as a reference for a (some will say the girls name, some won't) shidduch. If you can please call me back when you have a chance. (some will add-until XXpm...)

see? no reason to say your name. And I will call you right back. Instead of stalking my phone 5 times and then I will purposely NOT pick up the phone because I'm annoyed that you seriously can't leave a message and instead have to bombard my phone when I'm unavailable.

But, I'm not chassidish. So maybe I just don't know...

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:05 am
I think generally Israelis do call back. Whenever I call an Israeli number, even if I dont leave a message, they usually call back.

I usually look up the number on one of these websites and then decide if I want to call back.

amother
Bone

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:27 am
I only reply when left a text message or WhatsApp. If its a number that has persisted for a few days I may check the caller id and depending on who it is I may call back. If I need to reach somebody but don't want to leave a specific message, I will leave a message, saying who I am and request they get back to me. Although I understand people are awkward about leaving names for shidduch calls, I think that most people will be quicker to reply to someone who has left a name. I know I certainly do.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette