Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
No fail Mousse
Previous  1  2

shnitzel

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 11:59 pm
How do you make that parve? Are you using the parve whip stuff? So many yummy recipes so hard to make parve without that whip which I refuse to use Sad

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 12:37 am
you make it with soy or parve milk.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 12:52 am
RivkiA wrote:

You may be thinking about pudding, which can be made with soy or rice milk etc. Mousse needs eggs to be whipped up but since the advent of parve whip, people have just used that instead of eggs. Parve whip is deadly.

This is how I make mousse. The recipe is from "the old days" before there was parve whip

4 eggs, separated
125 grams semi sweet chocolate
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon coffee
1/2 shot glass of shnapps

1. Beat egg whites until they begin to stiffen. Slowly add sugar while beating.
2. Melt chocolate; add coffee, shnapps and yolks. Mix well. Fold into egg whites.

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 1:16 am
Tamiri wrote:
RivkiA wrote:

You may be thinking about pudding, which can be made with soy or rice milk etc. Mousse needs eggs to be whipped up but since the advent of parve whip, people have just used that instead of eggs. Parve whip is deadly.

This is how I make mousse. The recipe is from "the old days" before there was parve whip

4 eggs, separated
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon coffee

2. Melt chocolate; add coffee, shnapps and yolks. Mix well. Fold into egg whites.

Tamiri I wil be sure to use your recipe soon but I was talking abt the soy milk for pots de creme.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 9:05 am
Tamiri wrote:
RivkiA wrote:

4 eggs, separated
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon coffee

I don't use raw eggs, especially when cooking for guests, because someone with a compromised immune system (or someone who is pregnant) shouldn't eat them. There are pasteurized eggs available out there, but they're not in every market.

shnitzel

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 3:33 pm
I can't make with raw eggs (aside from possible samonella) b/c DH is allergic to raw eggs, even meringues bother him and his mouth gets itchy (hence the tofu mousse). But what recipe do you use for pots de creme

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 3:36 pm
from recipezaar

cookielady

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 4:15 pm
The recipe in Short on time, cooks the yolks first.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 4:16 pm
cookielady wrote:
The recipe in Short on time, cooks the yolks first.
You can convert some raw egg recipes to cooked egg recipes. I made a tiramisu on Friday that has cooked eggs instead of raw.

sgr

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 4:55 pm
Separate 5 eggs beat with 1 cup sugar and a pinch of salt add 1t vanilla cocoa 1/4 cup or more depending how choclatey you like it,mix well then add 2 riches whip one liteand one regular beat up well add yolks at the end,works well as mousse n fridge or ice-cream frozen.Enjoy!

Chocoholic

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 5:00 pm
Tamiri wrote:
RivkiA wrote:

4 eggs, separated
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon coffee

I don't use raw eggs, because unlike parve whipped cream, they can be deadly (proven).

Chocoholic

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 5:02 pm
You can also use maizena (corn almidon) in a pudding, in fact a national pudding dish here consists of suger cane juice (in powder form) (65%) and corn almidon (35%) that you need to cook with milk (or soy/rice milk for parve) until it becomes too stiff to stir and then it's finished. Really easy (I even make it) LOL
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics