Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How do/did/would you brush/style your son's long hair?
Previous  1  2

whatever

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 12:36 am
any which way besides braids. I love playing around with his hair. cant help it if it makes him look like a girl. oh and "piggy tails" are my favorite.

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 11:18 am
What about the option--"I don't think my son will have much hair to cut when he turns 3!"
Yay baldies!!

YALT

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 1:01 pm
Sorry, but the title says "long hair"
If he doesn't have long hair, then it doesn't really pertain to you.
But if you'd like, we can make another thread asking those whose son(s) have very little hair, if they do anything with it (clips, barrettes, bows,), and if they brush it to make it look neat, or just let him walk around the way it falls.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 1:13 pm
Quote:
But if you'd like, we can make another thread asking those whose son(s) have very little hair, if they do anything with it (clips, barrettes, bows,), and if they brush it to make it look neat, or just let him walk around the way it falls.

I find it really silly when people put these fancy headbands on a 8 month old baby girl with no hair!

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 1:22 pm
I just use a clip to keep it out of his eyes. The back I leave loose and alone. (When wet it's really quite long but when it dries into ringlets its only just past the shoulders and not really all over the place). And yes, when we're out and about people always tell me what a beautiful little girl I have - even if he is dressed in the most boyish clothes possible. I used to correct them and explain. Now I just smile and say thank you.

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 9:05 pm
Middle part with two little ponies of the front hair, the rest hanging loose.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 9:06 pm
Whatever they let me do LOL , but usually a pony.

BlumaG

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 9:47 pm
my 16 month old has hardly any hair - cant wait til it grows in - my mother bought him a cute yarmulka with his name on it I'd luv him to wear it to shul on shabbos but theres no hair to clip it to, he's a big boy so ppl say he wont have any hair to cut (they dont realize how young he really is) but im confident there'll b something in another yr and hald (I hope)

YALT

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 10:11 pm
Mrs. XYZ wrote:
Quote:

I find it really silly when people put these fancy headbands on a 8 month old baby girl with no hair!

DD is 7 months, and she wears headbands, ponytails, clips.
But we're also in the process of making a very big decision: to cut or not to cut?
It's constantly in her eyes, and rubberbands are always coming out.

This picture is almost 1½ months ago.

Last edited by YALT on Thu, Sep 18 2008, 10:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

egam

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 10:22 pm
On Shabbos - half pony, or just yarmolka and clips. On weekday it was either pony or one braid.
With my youngest one I just use clip for his long bangs so far, and he takes it off constantly.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 11:02 pm
Whoa, Yalt! I remember her newborn pic with lots of hair, but I figured it would all fall out, like with most babies born with lots of hair.
This is really something... I don't think I have seen so much hair on such a small baby before.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 11:05 pm
YALT, I love your baby's wig!! And I thought my baby had a lot of hair!
They're yummy kah.

YALT

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 11:08 pm
I have seen!
I used to make fun of those babies with sheitels on their heads. That's why both of my kids have "sheitels".
so, what do you say: to cut? or not to cut?

Last edited by YALT on Mon, Sep 22 2008, 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Seraph

Post Fri, Sep 19 2008, 12:38 am
My son was born with lots of hair, but the hair at the side fell out at around 3 months. So his hair on top is still really long. But the hair in the back is only 3 inches or so...He was able to wear a pony from 4 months, and needed it desperately by 6 months. Some days I'm lazy and his hair is all in his eyes. I don't like how his hair looks combed to the side, so only in a pony.

This is how it looks not in a pony.

Only its even longer now. I feel like a negligent parent when I leave it like this.

bigsis144

Post Wed, May 11 2011, 12:41 pm
What do you do with a toddler whose hair is constantly in his eyes, but HATES having anything in his hair? (Please don't say cut his hair! Smile )

DS's bangs are getting SO long, but he pulls out any clips or ponytail holders within SECONDS.

mominisrael2

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 10:09 am
My son also hates ponytails (though he looks SOOOOO cute, even if only for 5 seconds!) I've found that gel works great and he doesn't notice it like he would a ponytail holder or clip.

mominisrael2

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 10:17 am
ShakleeMom wrote:
Middle part with two little ponies of the front hair, the rest hanging loose.

DH was ready to kill me when I did that Smile

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics