Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Meat Recipies
Previous  1  2

rachel19977

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 12:50 pm
tzel wrote:
rachel19977 wrote:
I have a Yeminite Dish you cook on stovetop, but it's not sweet, but it's YUMMY - you need the spice "Chawayitch". The yemenites call it "Shwiya". It's for pieces of meat, chunks like in cholent, and mmmm! Let me know if you want it.

Please post.
We actually don't like sweet.

Shawiya

Cut up the meat you have (it works for all cuts of meat) - into chunks or small pieces bite size, or however you like the meat size
Fry onions (cubes, slices, rings, dice)
Add meat (or chicken)
(I fried the onions w/ the meat, since the onions might get burned once the meat is fried)
Almost cover the meat with water, maybe 3/4 of the meat or half of meat chunks should be covered
Sprinkle Chawayitch (sp?) on top of meat,
Chicken soup flavoring
Black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Boil
Cover
Reduce flame
2+ hours
Check if needs more water - add if needed
Poke with fork to see if its soft, can leave on low flame for 3 hours.. taste, see if needs more chawayitch/spices.
Serve with rice, cous cous, ptitim....

chawayitch is a spice that conssts of several spices together, found in Israeli markets. Yhey might ask you if you want Chawayitch for tea or Chawayitch for Soup. Buy the soup one. You can also try the Chawayitch for tea (ground nuts and other things, you can ask them), put a half of a teaspoon into your tea/coffe... mmm! I like the tea (any kind) with sugar, milk and chawayitch for tea!

Shawiya I made 2 Shabbatim ago with meat, and this past shabbat I tried it with chicken. MMM. I was looking forward for the leftovers! My Yeminite friend that introudced me to this (Made it for my sisters Sheva Brachot) said it's also for meat, chicken and fish...! I haven't tried the fish part yet! Smile

Any questions let me know!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus