Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Silk white chassidic tichel under 50$ ?
Previous  1  2

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 4:33 pm
yo'ma wrote:
greenfire wrote:
yo'ma wrote:

I know you gave her an alternate solution, even though she's not buying fabric anyway LOL , but a better alternate would be to have someone finish it up for her instead because glue is not good.

where did you get the idea she could sew or have someone else finish it - she could buy one for that matter but she is looking to save $50

It doesn't cost that much money for a seamstress to finish the edges. Maybe 10 or 15.

so $15 and $10 for material = $25 ... now she can afford the one maya bought ...

yo'ma

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 6:41 pm
greenfire wrote:
yo'ma wrote:
greenfire wrote:
yo'ma wrote:

I know you gave her an alternate solution, even though she's not buying fabric anyway LOL , but a better alternate would be to have someone finish it up for her instead because glue is not good.

where did you get the idea she could sew or have someone else finish it - she could buy one for that matter but she is looking to save $50

It doesn't cost that much money for a seamstress to finish the edges. Maybe 10 or 15.

so $15 and $10 for material = $25 ... now she can afford the one maya bought ...

She said under 50 and you told her to buy the fabric before maya told her about 1 for cheaper. Also, it depends if she wants real silk or just silky.

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 6:45 pm
I posted a thread about "mighty mendit" a bond specially made for clothing ... don't think it fits into the price budget though ... unless they sell small bottles ...

yo'ma

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 6:49 pm
greenfire wrote:
I posted a thread about "mighty mendit" a bond specially made for clothing ... don't think it fits into the price budget though ... unless they sell small bottles ...

I saw it. Did you ever try it? Personally, I'd rather sew it.

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 6:54 pm
I'd rather sew it too ...
but it was on the news today "tried and true" according to a fashion runway seamstress/tailor ...

ChutzPAh

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 9:16 pm
Hey, anyone gonna give the OP the name of a store? Very Happy

LEMON

Post Thu, Oct 16 2008, 11:54 pm
you can get an oblong for that price. I just bought one before yom tov in williamsburg.

SingALong

Post Sat, Oct 18 2008, 4:34 pm
go to a regular hosiery/accessory store and look through the ultra wide headbands for an ivory or wite one. that is how I found mine. they are usually under $25. if its ok to wear the headband type. or check out cheaper accessory stores in your area and get a long white/ivory scarf and just tie it as a tichel.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics