Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Neighborly ettiquette
Previous  1  2

chanagital

Post Thu, Oct 16 2008, 4:56 pm
it is nice to have your own washer and dryer... but some buildings make you use the community ones.. *sigh* I wish I was back to having my own... or even having that option. But if you don't got one you have to use the ones they provide... all be it meager, expensive and half the time out of order.

Oh yea the stairs are not ment for only your exersise running up and down them is ok.. just do it when I am not home. Don't open the window if you are going to talk loud especially at night. The walls they are paper thin so if you don't want me to know exactly what you are saying then put on a fan or something else quiet but loud. My kids might play outside under my supervision... if you don't like kids keep it to yourself. If you have your own kids please help me watch them...or at least be reseptive to what I am saying when I tell you your child is not so innocent and is throwing things off the balcony. It is your job to control your kids not mine I might watch them while they play with my kids but they are still your responsability. If my kids come knocking on your door make sure I know it sometimes it is hard to keep track of all of them especially if one needs help in the bathroom or the other has a boo boo. Don't be afraid to send my kid home if you are having issues with them or you just want time away from them. I am home for a reason my kids aren't angels.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 16 2008, 4:56 pm
They thought they had a reason. Due to WW2, reporting is very taboo here, so people will only report if they are "sure". Being sure of abuse is difficult... being sure a mother is "very young" and as such, in their mind, may need "help", is easy, you just need to know her age.

BH the social services quickly saw it was a crazy story, but what if I had stumbled upon "anti young mom" social workers? I have read horrible stories... but to come back to this other mother, yes it sounds bad and weird and she needs to have someone talk to her. Is she sick? depressed? not coping? on bed rest? does she open the door when asked to by a child? when really needed? is she simply from a culture where kids play outside freely? we all know even among frum Jews the attitude around kids being out is extremely different in different countries!

I would be there, I would go there personally and knock at the door until she answers. Or call, or whatever. But I would only report if I thought what would happen later to this family would actually be better for them.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Oct 16 2008, 10:05 pm
Ruchel- it's a standard case of overworked frum mother. I would never report her. She's not abusive, and not any more neglecting than the mothers who leave their babies in strollers outside of stores while they scream and fall out and get hurt by toddler siblings, etc.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette