Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Alternative menu for Shabbos day
Previous  1  2

SMG

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 8:16 pm
amother, do you mean that the pan of water would be on the warmer all Shabbos? And when do you put the chicken in sauce on it? I am not too familiar with using this type of warming plate and what the halacha is regarding them.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 10:25 pm
I'll bet is has to be on the blech all Shabbos, you can't heat up any liquid on Shabbos.

Motek

Post Thu, Jan 19 2006, 12:01 pm
amother wrote:
Firstly put it into a foil container with some nice sauce.

covered with foil? and if there is no sauce? can you just:

Quote:
put another larger foil container under the foil container that contains the shnitzel and fill that up with WATER.

Milk Munch

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 10:47 pm
I see this is old, but I would just like to suggest that it is the challah that might be bothering your husband. Its very common to get stomach problems from refined wheat.

shoy18

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 11:55 pm
Milk Munch wrote:
I see this is old, but I would just like to suggest that it is the challah that might be bothering your husband. Its very common to get stomach problems from refined wheat.

That and gefilte fish, thats what was bother dh, I stopped making it and started make salmon instead and all is better

HooRYou

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 1:12 am
Quote:
Haven't had good luck with rice in the cholent,it get stickey, and anyway, cholent for 3 is hard to make. We are so fussy with what we'd eat in it......I think the only thing we cn agree on is the potatoes!

I know of a family that has this same problem and they bought these little cheesecloth bags (Or you can use clean new stockings if you are not bothered) and put different ingredients in each bag (I.e. a bag for barley, a bag for beans, etc) and serve each ingredient in a different bowl. This way they all cok ad get all the flavors but can eat only the parts that they like. Cooking in cheescloth will also probably solve your rice problem.

There are a lot of really special chicken salad recipes that call for marinated grilled or roasted chicken. Even if you eat chicken salad during the week you can have a this is our special Shabbos chicken salad recipe especially if it requires more interesting ingredients or more work for you.

I have definitely kept meat and veggie stew (meat, onions, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, etc) and even plain stewed veggies ont he platta with good results. You might also want to think about things like meatballs (with any kind of ground meat you like chicken, beef, turkey, lamb) and like the chicken salad you can find a special recipe that you save just for Shabbos. There are also meatballs that have the rice inside which would also solve yoru rice problem.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus