Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Meridia for weight loss
Previous  1  2  3  Next

hisorerus

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 1:49 pm
Thumbs Up Cheers
Great job, Chani!

Yocheved

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 2:50 pm
I also joined WW a week ago and was also weighed today. I lost 3.8 pounds and I felt such a sense of accomplishment that I nearly cried! For Chani and all of us who struggle with weight, keep up the good work!

cindy324

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 3:07 pm
how in the world do you lose 4lbs. in one week. How much food can you eat? I've barely lost any weight and I eat so little, but I also go to the gym and do lots of cardio and weight training, so my clothes do feel looser...

Chani

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 7:20 pm
Way to go, Yocheved! That's terrific!

Cindy, I think that the first week on a diet it is always easier to lose significant weight than in the subsequent weeks when your body is acclimated to having less food. Also, the heavier you are, the easier it is to lose 4 lbs. I noticed today in the group that the women who were lighter to begin with lost less than the heavier women on average (there were a couple of exceptions). Maybe you're building some muscle and losing fat? That's good, even if the scale doesn't move quite as much.

LoveMy2Kids

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 7:23 pm
Imamother weight loss support group anyone? Smile

cindy324

Post Wed, Jan 25 2006, 2:13 pm
Quote:
Imamother weight loss support group anyone? Smile

Great Idea!!!

What do you say Yael? Maybe we can start a new forum?

Tila

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 8:57 pm
I am so proud of all of you! I want to join weight watchers just to learn to eat properly. Is it really that hard? Everyone says they are starved, are you not lacking in energy?

Chani

Post Thu, Feb 09 2006, 8:40 pm
I don't think it's been all that bad. It is kind of a pain tracking everything you put into your mouth, but even that gets to be less of an issue as time goes on. (I'm a creature of habit so once I figured out how many "points" my usual breakfast and lunch were, then all I was left to grapple with was usually dinner.) I've lost weight each week, although nothing like the first week. A colleague of mine at work told me his mother (whom I know) has lost 112 lbs. over the last two years on WW. That's a little (very little) more than I need to lose, so I did find some inspiration in it - it can be done!

ektsm

Post Sat, Feb 11 2006, 9:14 pm
Maybe you should consider a doctor monitered diet. You have to begin to worry about your health at that weight. Did you ever consider gastric bypass?

Tefila

Post Sat, Feb 11 2006, 9:29 pm
Well I have lost 5lbs Very Happy a good more to go still embarrassed but atleast it's happening Tongue Out
Not b./c of meridia but b/c been to stressed to eat in a good way Smile

Chani

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 8:27 am
ektsm,

I am seeing an endocrinologist. He had recommended Meridia ...Told him I was doing WW and was losing thus far, and he said that was a good diet and as long as I was able to stick with it great and if I felt like it was becoming too hard then see him again to get the Meridia.

Gastric bypass is not something I would consider. Very dangerous, plus you can never eat like a normal person again for the rest of your life... No thanks.

BTW, getting close to the 10lb mark. Very Happy

cindy324

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 12:54 pm
Honestly , Chanie--I know a lot of people would disagree with me, but I would take the Meridia, along with the WW. You'll see how much easier it is to get through the day without feeling like you're going to starve to death. You'll eat your allowed WW portion and you're actually going to feel full after! When I'm on a diet, I always find that I'm rarely ever satisfied with the amiount of food I'm allowed to have.

ChavieK

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 2:25 pm
Chani-that's great loss! I also started WW 2 weeks ago I only lost 1.6 lb first week . It was kind of depressing b/c that's when most people lose alot. I couldn't go today b/c of the snow.I want to lose 30lb. A friend told me that I wasn't eating enough.I didn't add points for nursing, he gets one or 2 meals a day. She said add 3-5 pts instead of 10.
Also by me a few women get together for ww lunch every week.I couldn't go yet, had diff appts for the kids, but they talk about great tips.Like the delicious no point vegetalbe soup in the first book,garden veg.It's quite filling. I have a small container defrosting in the microwave right now! Or the 80 cal yogurts,1 point. Dr. Pragers veggie patties 3of them for 2 points.Everyone shares tip on what fills them up.Very helpful.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 11:16 pm
chani, I'm also very against doing the bypass or lap band... I'll be angry that I want to eat and won't be able too... plus, I hate the running around from dr. to dr.. get referrals... get pre op testing.. it's a hussle.

Chani

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 7:42 pm
WW weigh in today Very Happy I haven't stayed with a diet for so many weeks in a long time! I'm also eating much better than I used to - more fruit and veggies. My kids, however, hate it (and I don't like making two dinners, one for them and one for me). Oh well, maybe they'll come around. 92.4 lbs. to go...

Tefila

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 7:46 pm
Quote:
I'll be angry that I want to eat and won't be able too...

I know someone who had it done and she doesn't even want to eat.
But to get something like that done your bmi has to be over 40, so I don't qualify...... yet embarrassed

Chani

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 11:13 pm
All of us dieters out there: how did your week go?

STILL haven't made 10 lbs. (just barely missed it today). But it did motivate me to go for a long walk tonight!

How's everyone doing?

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 3:44 am
Well, I actually changed my mind.. this past shabbos I made a decision to give the surgery a go....
I'm looking into it now.

elisecohen

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 7:01 am
I manage to exercise by getting up at 5:30 am. I have to exercise; a few years ago I did lose over 100 lbs and have kept it off, including through pregnancy. I go to twelve-step meetings at least once a week, preferably twice, eat abstinently, and work out (jogging in the basement) daily except Shabbos. If I didn't work out, I couldn't eat even close to normally without gaining weight.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 8:20 am
I've lost 10 pounds, and I'm down to my goal weight (if I lose a few more pounds, I won't mind).
I've been going to the gym in the morning + walking at least a mile a day, and eating reasonably.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise