Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Obama's Grandmother Passes Away
Previous  1  2  3  Next

frumluv

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 5:55 pm
The man lost a family member. Must there be so much negativity?

Clarissa

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 5:56 pm
We don't have a concept of karma, huh?

I'd feel bad for McCain if his mother died. I had no idea that sympathy was another thing we could politicize.

MommyLuv

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 5:59 pm
anon wrote:
It ain't over until the fat lady sings (now where did that expression come from?).

operas?

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 6:00 pm
anon wrote:
Why is everyone assuming that he's going to be celebrating tomorrow and "making history"?

He is making history.

1. If he wins, well, duh.

2. If he loses. All 159 polls taken in the last 6 weeks have him ahead. If he losses, it'll be a historic failure of the polling industry.

http://www.slate.com/id/2203420/

Whatever the result, we are watching history happen.

gold21

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 6:01 pm
I would not feel bad for mccain if he lost his grandma.

With all the tzoros out there, I have a hard time finding sorrow in my heart for the passing of an elderly woman who I don't know.

bubby

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 6:04 pm
So let there be the biggest failure of the polling system. I should care about that? G-d help us if he wins. Of course, I had better not say anything in case I'm accused of being a racist.

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 6:05 pm
He’s lived in Honolulu, do we still have to feel sorry for him?!

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 6:07 pm
bubby wrote:
So let there be the biggest failure of the polling system. I should care about that? G-d help us if he wins. Of course, I had better not say anything in case I'm accused of being a racist.

You're going to have to say something far worse than that for me to call you a racist. Very Happy

My icon delicately alludes to my sensibilities.

I'm simply pointing out that Obama has already made history and tomorrow will make history regardless. We live in an exciting time.

elf123

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 6:17 pm
anon wrote:
Why is everyone assuming that he's going to be celebrating tomorrow and "making history"?

anon wrote:
It ain't over until the fat lady sings (now where did that expression come from?).

bubby wrote:

G-d help us all, and I have been literally losing sleep over this, but it looks like, barring a miracle (which we can obviously hope for) Barack Obama will be our next president. Someone said to me, well if he is elected, all of the people who (blindly? naively? deludedly?) voted for him will get what they deserve. Problem is, we who DON'T vote for him will ALSO get the same punishment...By the way, I'm sorry his grandmother died but that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with politics or the election...it's part of human life.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 6:22 pm
gold21 wrote:
John McCain is 72 years old. If he lost his grandma today, I'd be flabbergasted.

sky

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 6:32 pm
Clarissa wrote:
gold21 wrote:
John McCain is 72 years old. If he lost his grandma today, I'd be flabbergasted.

why? she could be 92. Not so outrageous.

I do feel bad for him that he lost his grandmother. I don't wish that on anybody.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 6:36 pm
If McCain is 72, how could he have a 92 year old grandmother?

anon

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 6:36 pm
sky wrote:
Clarissa wrote:
gold21 wrote:

why? she could be 92. Not so outrageous.

I do feel bad for him that he lost his grandmother. I don't wish that on anybody.

No, the 92 yo would be his mother. His grandmother would be 112.

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 6:45 pm
elf123 wrote:
anon wrote:

anon wrote:

bubby wrote:

G-d help us all, and I have been literally losing sleep over this, but it looks like, barring a miracle (which we can obviously hope for) Barack Obama will be our next president. Someone said to me, well if he is elected, all of the people who (blindly? naively? deludedly?) voted for him will get what they deserve. Problem is, we who DON'T vote for him will ALSO get the same punishment...By the way, I'm sorry his grandmother died but that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with politics or the election...it's part of human life.

You know, I voted for Obama after careful thought, consideration and deliberation. I assume McCain voters did the same. Kindly grant me the same courtesy.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 6:52 pm
avigailmiriam wrote:
You know, I voted for Obama after careful thought, consideration and deliberation. I assume McCain voters did the same. Kindly grant me the same courtesy.
Oh, I think the courtesy ship sailed many posts ago, avigailmiriam.

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....61999

Somehow this is acceptable posting.

elf123

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 7:12 pm
Clarissa wrote:
avigailmiriam wrote:
Oh, I think the courtesy ship sailed many posts ago, avigailmiriam.

http://Imamother.com/forum/vie.....61999

Somehow this is acceptable posting.

I'm sorry, but I don't think my post is rude or discourteous, and I am not trying to insult your intelligence, nor am I laughing at Obama supporters. Quite the contrary, I think this is very serious and that the country is in for a "rude" awakening a few months from now. If I insulted anyone, I apologize. This is actually the first time I have posted in any thread about the election. I guess I shouldn't have bothered. What's done is done, and as I believe you've pointed out before, Clarissa, no one is going to change anyone's mind on these threads.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 7:13 pm
I wasn't responding to your post. I was responding to what Avigailmiriam said about courtesy. Since she addressed you directly, maybe you should respond to her comment, not mine.

elf123

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 7:18 pm
I was responding to hers, and yours only as I thought you were agreeing with her assessment of my post as not being courteous.

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 7:24 pm
avigailmiriam wrote:
elf123 wrote:
anon wrote:

anon wrote:

bubby wrote:

Elf, the bit in bold is what made me angry. I value civic participation and my right to vote, and I thought good and hard about who I gave it to. I'm a politics junkie. I follow the news rather obsessively. At the end of the day, in my analysis, after long thought and research, Obama, in my view, is the better man for the job. Respect me enough to assume I am neither naiive nor blind nor deluded.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 7:25 pm
Elf, I was responding to her comment as I saw it, as a general lack of respect here for Obama supporters, and comments implying their decision to vote for him wasn't well thought-out. Obama supporters are no more "blind, naive or deluded" than many of McCain's supporters. You said it, you used those words, she called you on it. Take it up with her if you think she's wrong in her assessment of your post.

By the way, feel free to tell me that blind, naive and deluded are compliments, or at least respectful. Maybe I misunderstood.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics