Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Obama Tells Abbas: I Support Dividing Jerusalem!!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4

cassandra

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:42 pm
It's hard for me to list McCain's flaws mainly because his biggest flaw in my mind is that he isn't the McCain I loved and supported in 2000 and the reason for that is that he essentially had to win this election pressed up against a brick wall. He ran the most idiotic campaign, though a lot of it has to do with the fact that he needed to attract a lot of idiots in order to have a base. When the conservative media was bad mouthing him during primary season and people were threatening not to vote he geared up to win them over and never really backed down. When it became obvious that there were a lot more idiots on the Obama side than his side he started a negative campaign which I don't respect. I don't think Palin was the wisest choice. I think he has done a terrible job of explaining the economy to people, which has become the biggest issue recently, but I'm not sure that most people could understand it anyway. I wish he was younger too.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:43 pm
cassandra wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:

He has no position.

I've started referring to him as "Tabula Rasa". It's easier on my stomach than Barack Obama.

Tabula Rasa is totally accurate!

I've started referring to him as the Manchurian Candidate, because there is clearly a machine of well oiled politicos and media operatives bring this man into power and forcing him down the public's throats in the media.

My only hope for this country is the the vast, open middle of the country is a little less effected by the media on both coasts.

Gsanmb

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 9:26 pm
Frankly, speaking as someone who has actual professional experience working with policymakers on Middle East issues (read: Dennis Ross, during the Clinton administration, and later) etc:

Whatever Obama wants to or doesn't want to do WRT Jerusalem is no worse than what the Israelis are saying themselves. If Olmert can come out and say explicitly that Jerusalem is on the table, and the Kadima party, Barak, et al. are on the same appeasement page, then whatever the American President may or may not pursue as a policy is not all that earthshattering.

If the Israelis roundly trounce Kadima, Labor, etc. in Jan/Feb, well then, we'll have what to talk about.

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 12:58 am
Good point, Gsan. Why should the Americans be more Israeli than the Israelis who are so intent on destroying this country? (Well, not really intent on destroying it. Just not caring about it).

TheBeinoni

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 1:06 am
Gsanmb wrote:
Frankly, speaking as someone who has actual professional experience working with policymakers on Middle East issues (read: Dennis Ross, during the Clinton administration, and later) etc:

Whatever Obama wants to or doesn't want to do WRT Jerusalem is no worse than what the Israelis are saying themselves. If Olmert can come out and say explicitly that Jerusalem is on the table, and the Kadima party, Barak, et al. are on the same appeasement page, then whatever the American President may or may not pursue as a policy is not all that earthshattering.

If the Israelis roundly trounce Kadima, Labor, etc. in Jan/Feb, well then, we'll have what to talk about.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!
I can't take this whole "Obama is bad for Israel" argument anymore. Israel has its own issues that exist regardless of who the American president is. They have been discussing the Jerusalem split for some time now! Finally someone who knows what they're talking about set it straight.

chavamom

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 1:38 am
hotmama wrote:
Gsanmb wrote:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!
I can't take this whole "Obama is bad for Israel" argument anymore. Israel has its own issues that exist regardless of who the American president is. They have been discussing the Jerusalem split for some time now! Finally someone who knows what they're talking about set it straight.

Yes

AGINY

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 3:13 am
Why would this comment of Obama's shock anyone? I believe that with time as he lets his true colors shine we are going to be seeing a lot more of who he really is. If his friends tell us anything about him, he is one sick puppy!

tzatza

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 9:53 pm
anuta wrote:
cassandra wrote:
I asked you first. I imagine you know what McCains flaws are, and they were bad enough to get you to vote against him. For me, Obama's flaws as I see him are seriously fatal, to the point that I can't understand how people can see them and vote for him. So you obviously see his flaws differently than I do, which is what I want to understand.

I feel the same way about McCain, and I can't understand how people can vote for him!

The major flaw I see in Obama is his lack of experience.

As to him being bad for Israel - I just don't believe it, and I have my sources just as you have yours. His voting record on Israel is perfect. His top strategist and closest political adviser (and a personal friend) is a Brooklyn-born Jew (David Axelrod).

Besides, I believe that he is far too intelligent to do really anything to pander to radicals.

If you ask me about his plusses, the list will be much longer, and ultimately, that is what mattered to me.

Search some history: Liberal Jews helped (at least fiancially) bring Hitler to power. I am not saying Obama is Hitler, but just to point out that the fact he picks Jews to be with him doesn't mean anything (it didn't matter 70 years ago, it won't matter today).

tzatza

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 9:55 pm
cassandra wrote:
It's hard for me to list McCain's flaws mainly because his biggest flaw in my mind is that he isn't the McCain I loved and supported in 2000 and the reason for that is that he essentially had to win this election pressed up against a brick wall. He ran the most idiotic campaign, though a lot of it has to do with the fact that he needed to attract a lot of idiots in order to have a base. When the conservative media was bad mouthing him during primary season and people were threatening not to vote he geared up to win them over and never really backed down. When it became obvious that there were a lot more idiots on the Obama side than his side he started a negative campaign which I don't respect. I don't think Palin was the wisest choice. I think he has done a terrible job of explaining the economy to people, which has become the biggest issue recently, but I'm not sure that most people could understand it anyway. I wish he was younger too.

Couldn't agree more.
By the way, being of Russian descent myself (I grew up in former USSR), and having a father involved with Russian-speaking community (socially, politically ,etc), I can tell you that the majority of Russian-speaking Jews here (especially older ones who remember Soviet Union) voted McCain. Some food for thought.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics