Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Obama's Chief of Staff - son of an Israeli "Yored"
Previous  1  2

Akeres Habayis

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 12:46 pm
cassandra wrote:
Akeres Habayis wrote:

until fox shows sources(like I did)its an opinion.

(This has no bearing on how I feel about R.E. but:)

Wikipedia doesn't "prove" anything either. You need specific quotes with sources, not just link his Wikipedia page. If Fox adds what she knows about him to the page is it suddenly fact?

cassandra u are right,I should have been clearer,I went to other links after wiki.I figured that if someone went there,I they would follow the links and follow more links etc etc.
I think when someone says something, that comes across as fact,I think u should show something to prove your point(whether I agree w/the source or not),so it isn't just he said,she said info.

anyway I found it interesting.
fact is
he is a jew
the point I wanted to make was an anti semite would never hire a jew(especially one that doesn't hide it)and wouldn't make that the first piece of business...hiring a jew.
I just want to "scratch off the table""obama hates jews,he is hitler etc etc.

mimivan

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 4:53 pm
Akeres Habayis wrote:
ChossidMom wrote:
Akeres, there's another thread around here somewhere about Rahm Emmanuel. I think that Fox, who lives in Chicago had what to say about him not being to friendly or understanding to Israel or Orthodox Jews.

Here it is:
http://Imamother.com/forum/vie.....=rahm

until fox shows sources(like I did)its an opinion.
his own rav commented about him.
no he isn't liked in the political circles bc he is hard nosed but across the board republican and democrat respect him,and knows he is going to do his job...and well!!

as far as I know he is a jew,among other things.
I just find it interesting of the comments made that "obama is anti-semitic,kill all the jews,forget the jew etc"would appoint a jew.

even if rahm was a self hating jew(which he isn't)and its a BIG IF,an anti-semitic still wouldnt' make him his first choice.

Akeres (okay...the moratorium on discussing politics is over! Very Happy )

My brother knows Rahm and says he is a solid guy and is observant.
But even if he is an Observant Jew that doesn't mean he necessarily is interested in Shleimus haaretz (Joe Lieberman certainly wasn't) but I guess none of them are, especially if our leaders here aren't (not even Bibi) Crying

I never was one of those posters who believed Obama was a closet anti-Semite...I am just concerned about Iran is all (and I know hashem is watching us...but Hashem also puts us in the situation of voting Wink )

Raisin

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 5:02 pm
GR wrote:
Obama had quite a 1st day yesterday on the international front.
Boy am I glad I don't have that job.

he's not actually president till January.

cassandra

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 5:59 pm
Raisin wrote:
GR wrote:
Obama had quite a 1st day yesterday on the international front.
Boy am I glad I don't have that job.

he's not actually president till January.

Yes, he used that fact to deflect some very tough questions at his news conference yesterday.

BinahYeteirah

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 8:42 pm
I just read that Emanuel came to Israel to serve as a civilian volunteer during the Gulf War. Maybe he will be stronger on Israel than we think. Only time will tell, although I think it would be pretty hard for any politician, Democrat or Republican, to do all we might like.

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 12:47 am
Akeres Habayis wrote:

fact is
he is a jew
the point I wanted to make was an anti semite would never hire a jew(especially one that doesn't hide it)and wouldn't make that the first piece of business...hiring a jew.
I just want to "scratch off the table""obama hates jews,he is hitler etc etc.

That isn't necessarily true. His hiring of a Jewish person for a post means nothing in terms of his beliefs. I would not expect an anti-Semite in this day and age to state out loud that s/he hates Jews, but to state it subtly. Moreover, it would not surprise me that an anti-Semite would hire a Jew. Many anti-Semites actually do hire Jews for positions which, in their prejudice, they feel Jews have the better abilities. (Such as doctors)

NOTE I DID NOT SAY OBAMA WAS AN ANTI-SEMITE. I'm simply stating I feel this argument is not valid.

Akeres Habayis

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 1:05 am
LOL
I laugh at myself and u guys,hinda rochel u are right(people will hold on to their views no matter what)
the elections are over and only time will tell.

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 1:06 am
Akeres Habayis wrote:
LOL
I laugh at myself and u guys,hinda rochel u are right(people will hold on to their views no matter what)
the elections are over and only time will tell.

Yep.
FWIW I am already disappointed in him, but I am apt to be a rougher judge than someone who voted for him. G-d willing he will do the USA well.

birdstar

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 4:18 pm
BinahYeteirah wrote:
I just read that Emanuel came to Israel to serve as a civilian volunteer during the Gulf War. Maybe he will be stronger on Israel than we think. Only time will tell, although I think it would be pretty hard for any politician, Democrat or Republican, to do all we might like.

It would be impossible for anyone to do what what we all might like as every person seems to want something different. "two jews, three opinions". I personally think that Obamas team will have a very hard road to travel as the last 8 years has pretty much destroyed the US. I just hope and pray that we can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel and we will start back to prosperity. Emanuel seems like a good pick and I hope the rest of the team will also be strong people.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics