Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Brookyn "manners"
Previous  1  2  3

bandcm

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 12:52 pm
I dont deny that extraordinary acts of Chesed are performed in Brooklyn. I am well aware of that.
My point is that the same person who might give a $2,000 shaitel to a single mother without a second thought, or host 25 guests in his living room for a month, might walk by when a pregnant lady needs a helping hand.
Thats why I thought it was a tznius issue, and that many men are not aware that by helping a woman up from the snow they are not oiver issurei negia. (Think doctors, hatzola members.)
Nor are many bochurim aware that stopping to help a package-laden woman by holding the door, or helping her carriage up the steps, is not a contradiction to shmiras enayim.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 1:59 pm
I find that a mentch is a mentch. If a man has the right intentions, then he will have no problem helping a woman out who is struggling. I just like to be dan lekaf zechus, and think to myself that even if a man is a mentch, he might have not seen me or might have not wanted to embarras me cuz of the hard time I am having..
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette