Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Boys names - light, happiness, other
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Fri, Nov 07 2008, 8:47 am
Tamiri wrote:
Nir
Doron
Matan
Matanya
Elnatan
Zohar
Yizhar

I have a Nerya Meir

I would be open to about 4 of those but my husband wouldn't. I like a little more eccentric and he likes tamer. But I'll try to plug them.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 3:12 am
I am going to list some names we thought of. Please tell me which names you like/don't, and if you want, why. Please feel free to add on more, not run of the mill names. Maybe these will give you an idea of what we like. Though I still like light/happiness names I am open to others:
Uriel
Itamar
Eitan
Amitai
Avishai
Michael (Hebrew)
Nadav
Refael
Daniel
Gavriel
Yigal (I am not so into)
Yehoshua (not sure if I am so into)

But all the names I feel blah about. Looking for your input but also new ideas.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 3:20 am
amother wrote:
I am going to list some names we thought of. Please tell me which names you like/don't, and if you want, why. Please feel free to add on more, not run of the mill names. Maybe these will give you an idea of what we like. Though I still like light/happiness names I am open to others:
Uriel
Itamar
Eitan
Amitai
Avishai
Michael (Hebrew)
Nadav
Refael
Daniel
Gavriel
Yigal (I am not so into)
Yehoshua (not sure if I am so into)

But all the names I feel blah about. Looking for your input but also new ideas.

Out of this list I like Gavriel the best. Then Itamar, Uriel, Rafael, Eitan and Yehoshua (in no particular order).

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 3:36 am
Sorry, I don't mean to be offensive but picking a name is a personal thing between you, your husband and Hashem.

If you still feel 'meh' about the names then you obviously haven't hit on The One (or two) and polling anonymous women isn't really going to help because we're going to tell you what we like, we come from all sorts of different backgrounds and at the end of the day, it's not our son.

When we chose the name for our son, it really came to me in a flash of inspiration. It spoke to me and to my husband when I suggested it.

For the next one, we're still not sure about the middle name but we have time to decide, even after the baby is born.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 3:47 am
Obviously I am speaking to my husband about it. And G-d hasn't sent any bolt of lightning down with the name yet. No flash of inspiration.
I am interested in hearing what you like. Maybe you (the women out there) will come up with some idea that I didn't think of - at best. And at worst I am no worse off.

gamekeeper

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:10 am
when you see the baby it will also help you choose the name(s) its a personality thing...

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:16 am
Except that never happened to me in the past.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:43 am
How about Ligal?

Tamiri

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:52 am
[quote="amother"]How about Ligal?[/quote]

Sea gull? Legal?

What about ZIV? (zeev)

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:55 am
Not so into Ligal. I used to like Zeva for a girl until my husband pointed out that "Ziv" has also a yucky connotation. I am not into animals names (Zev, Dov, Aryeh,Tzvi)

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 5:20 am
My list of names (in case this helps you):

Eitan, Ram, Dvir, Amitai, Amichai, Lior, Noam

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 5:24 am
So we do overlap a bit - from your list we were thinking of Eitan, Amitai, I like Lior (not my husband), and we thought of but nixed Noam. So.... we seem to think alike on this. How in the world do I find more names that speak to me???

Tamiri

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 5:25 am
Noam is always nice. I would have used that names one of the five times we named, but it's my father's middle name.
ram - eh
I know a couple of Dvirs but I don't like the way it rolls on the tongue.
Amichai and Amitai - eh
Eitan - overused
Lior - not so dati in my mind, but I know people use it

I don't understand what is wrong with the name Yehuda for a Chanuka baby. It's a powerful name. Yonatan. El'azar.

catonmylap

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 5:28 am
some more unusual ones but popular these days- Nevo, Tzur?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 5:29 am
Clarification: I (OP) did not just post that list of 5 or so names. I posted the longer list (about 10, starting with Uriel) earlier in the day. I also never said I am due around Chanuka. I just like names having to do with happiness/light. but I am open to other not very common names.

Marion

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 5:42 am
Maor
Zohar
Ori
Uriya
Orel (pronounced Or-El)
Or

Adin (gentle)
Shachar (dawn, yes it's used for boys too)

Seraph

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 6:22 am
Shmaya
Elitzur
Elyashiv
Elyakim
Elchanan
Yechiel
Benayahu

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 6:34 am
No one said URI

I dont know whether you live in America or Israel, but in America it is, I believe, just common enough and just uncommon enough. It is a name by itself, not just a nickname for Uriel. It's biblical. (Betzalel ben URI ben Chur)

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 8:32 am
greentiger wrote:
Happiness: Gil, Sasson, Ron
Light: Ori, Lior, Avner, Yair, Meir..

he he

you happened to hit on both my nephews first and last names with these suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teachby

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 10:58 am
I just want to point out that Shraga is not Yiddish, it's Aramaic (it means "torch"). That does not mean you have to like it any better...Just wanted to make sure no one misunderstood.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names