Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How many ounces did your 3-4 month old eat a day?

someone613

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 1:33 pm
For those forumula feeding--
I am wondering and I have 3.5 month old twins.. have such trouble getting them to take whole 4 ounce bottles! they eat every 3-4 hours during the day, night they go longer, until they wake up, I don't wake them at night..
just wondering how much other 3-4 month olds eat a day?

Atali

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 5:15 pm
My baby is also 3.5 months and will take between 4 and 6 ounces at a time and eats every 2 - 4 hours, but she is a very big baby.

raizy

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 11:36 pm
it can be alot of things like change your bottles or nipples. etc. the flow is not fast enough. when u close the bottle dont close it so tight bc your are making the nipple flow go slower. etc. you got to play around with it till u get it right. 4 onces is very little for a 4 month old. they should be drinking anywhere between 5 to 8 onces. etc. some drink more some drink less.

remember if they have to suck too long on the nipple to get anything to come out . then they will give up ... etc.

and mine drinks about 4 to 5 bottles a day around 6-7 onces . some times she will finish everything sometimes she will leave over. she is almost 5 months.

goodheart

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 12:44 am
Every kid is diffrent but don't worry if they will be hungry they will let u know trust me
1st drank 7-8 oz
2nd one drank 6oz
3rd also between 6-7 oz
so it all depends on the kid.

MWA44

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 9:44 pm
Raizy! Stop worrying her!!!!!!!
Your kids are perfectly fine
There's no way all 3-4 months old babies all drink 6Oz milk in 1 feed
My baby is supposed to be getting 6 Oz at 6-8 Months and he hardly EVER finished it!
He's happy, healthy just not a big eater:
You have NO REASON TO WORRY AT ALL
They take in what they need those lil bundles... trust me!!!!!! Stop counting
like I've done: u're gonna make urself crazy......... Crying

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 11:44 am
4 ounces is fine, it's not too little.
I don't know if formula requirements are different, but generally, I was told that you take the baby's weight multiply by 2.5 and give that many ounces.
A 10 lber would take 25 ounces a day.
A 15 lber would need about 38.

raizy

Post Sat, Nov 29 2008, 10:25 pm
I dont know why u have to be rude . I did write that some drink more some drink less. and that my baby drinks 6or 7 onces depends on her mood. so where in my post am I stating that her baby has to finish 7 onces. and I do think that 4 onces is too little I hope she gets faster flowing nipples and then we will talk.

someone613

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 10:20 am
I do have faster flowing nipples, sometimes they'll have 5 at the most, sometimes only 2. I ushually look at the total feedings at the end of the day and if is close to 20 I feel alright, even though it's on the low side, for them it's normal, and I'm in touch with the dr about acid reflux ect. yes I sometimes wish they'd enjoy their bottles more and feedings weren't so hard but I am really hoping they will grow out of this!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics