Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Gooooooooooey inside fro kokosh needed
Previous  1  2

stargazer

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 1:42 pm
I made the best cinnamon buns last shabbos, from the little cookbook that came with my kitchenaid. They were soft and gooey and delicious! If you want the recipe let me know.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 11:02 pm
stargazer wrote:
I made the best cinnamon buns last shabbos, from the little cookbook that came with my kitchenaid. They were soft and gooey and delicious! If you want the recipe let me know.

Pretty please, I'm drooling already!

bashinda

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 11:17 pm
this is gooey. This is from a kokosh cake recipe with 3 lbs. of flour.

It's probably not necessary to say that this isn't in the healthy section...

Filling

1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. icing sugar
3/4 c. oil
1 1/2 c. cocoa powder
1/2 c. warm water

spinkles

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 11:24 pm
When I make cinnamon kokosh cake, the sugar in the filling never melts fully, so there's a gritty consistency. Any ideas why?

stargazer

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 7:47 am
Here's the yummy recipe. Like I said, its from a KitchenAid cookbook, so the directions are written as such.

CINNAMON SWIRL ROUNDS

Basic Sweet Dough:

3/4 cup low fat milk (I used mixture of nondairy creamer and water)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup margarine
2 packages active dry yeast
1/3 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
3 eggs, room temperature
5 1/2 - 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Place milk, sugar, salt, and butter in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool to lukewarm.

Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed mixer bowl. Add lukewarm milk mixture, eggs, and 5 cups of flour. Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix about 2 minutes.

Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix about 2 minutes, or until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2 about 2 minutes longer.

Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover. Let rise in warm place, free from draft, about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.

Cinnamon Filling:

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Place brown sugar, sugar, butter, flour, cinnamon, and nuts in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix about 1 minute.

Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Roll dough to 10x24-inch rectangle. (I halved the recipe so I only rolled it to 10x12, and I imagine it would be easier to roll it into two 10x12 pieces rather than one large one) Spread sugar and cinnamon mixture evenly on dough. Roll dough tightly from long side to form 24-inch roll, pinching seam together. Cut into twenty four 1-inch slices.

Place 12 rolls each in two greased 13x9x2-inch baking pans. Cover. Let rise in warm place, free from draft, 45-60 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.

Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes. Remove from pans immediately. Spoon Caramel Glaze over warm rolls.

Caramel Glaze:

1/3 cup evaporated milk (I used nondairy creamer)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Place evaporated milk and brown sugar in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly.

Place milk mixture, powdered sugar, and vanilla in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to speed 4 and beat about 2 minutes or until creamy, adding more milk if necessary.
Enjoy!

Aidelmom

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 10:17 am
ok my next question - does anyone know how many tablespoons of dry east is equal to one oz of yeast which my recipe calls for?

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 10:22 am
chana_f wrote:
When I make cinnamon kokosh cake, the sugar in the filling never melts fully, so there's a gritty consistency. Any ideas why?

yes - follow my above advice and make a paste

Fabulous

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 10:34 am
Aidelmom wrote:
ok my next question - does anyone know how many tablespoons of dry east is equal to one oz of yeast which my recipe calls for?

I can't be sure, but I think 1 TBS is = 1 oz. of fresh yeast

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 10:40 am
according to the package of red star dry yeast

2 1/4 tsp = 1/4 oz packet
3 of the 1/4 oz packets = 2 oz fresh yeast

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 9:34 pm
Stargazer, those cinnamon swirl rounds are sooooo worth making! I made them today and everyone is raving about them here!
Thanks for posting.

msym

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 10:09 pm
stargazer wrote:
Here's the yummy recipe. Like I said, its from a KitchenAid cookbook, so the directions are written as such.

CINNAMON SWIRL ROUNDS

Basic Sweet Dough:

1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup margarine
3 eggs, room temperature

Place milk, sugar, salt, and butter in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool to lukewarm.

Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed mixer bowl. Add lukewarm milk mixture, eggs, and 5 cups of flour. Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix about 2 minutes.

Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix about 2 minutes, or until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2 about 2 minutes longer.

Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover. Let rise in warm place, free from draft, about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.

Cinnamon Filling:

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened

Place brown sugar, sugar, butter, flour, cinnamon, and nuts in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix about 1 minute.

Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Roll dough to 10x24-inch rectangle. (I halved the recipe so I only rolled it to 10x12, and I imagine it would be easier to roll it into two 10x12 pieces rather than one large one) Spread sugar and cinnamon mixture evenly on dough. Roll dough tightly from long side to form 24-inch roll, pinching seam together. Cut into twenty four 1-inch slices.

Place 12 rolls each in two greased 13x9x2-inch baking pans. Cover. Let rise in warm place, free from draft, 45-60 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.

Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes. Remove from pans immediately. Spoon Caramel Glaze over warm rolls.

Caramel Glaze:

1 teaspoon vanilla

Place evaporated milk and brown sugar in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly.

Place milk mixture, powdered sugar, and vanilla in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to speed 4 and beat about 2 minutes or until creamy, adding more milk if necessary.
Enjoy!

these sound amazing, I would love to make these for shabbos. would they taste good on shabbos if I made them thursday night?

stargazer

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 7:36 am
I made them Thursday and kept them covered well until Shabbos and they were still great. Also I froze some right after they were cool (for the following Shabbos), took them out of the freezer Friday night, and on Shabbos morning they tasted so fresh and delicious!

sisterindeed

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 4:56 pm
These look sooo YUUUM!!! I copied and printed the recipe and Iyh planning to try it, Ill let you know how they came out.
Thanks in advance.

Bsimcha

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 9:30 pm
Quote:

I use 3 Tablespoons for 2 ozs.
I got this from a big bag of yeast from Costco.

msym

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 3:37 pm
stargazer wrote:

CINNAMON SWIRL ROUNDS

Basic Sweet Dough:

1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup margarine
3 eggs, room temperature

Cinnamon Filling:

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened

Caramel Glaze:

1 teaspoon vanilla

Enjoy!

stargazer,
I never thanked you for this incredible recipe. the cinnamon buns were absolutely outrageous!!!!
prob one of the best things I ever baked and I loveeeeeeeee baking.
Salut thanx!-it was well worth the effort

stargazer

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 5:08 pm
So happy you enjoyed them!
I love baking too Smile

sarah86

Post Fri, Jun 26 2009, 11:12 am
Going to try these next week! yum!

msym

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 2:11 pm
stargazer wrote:

CINNAMON SWIRL ROUNDS

Basic Sweet Dough:

1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup margarine
3 eggs, room temperature

Cinnamon Filling:

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened

Caramel Glaze:

1 teaspoon vanilla

Enjoy!

I love this recipe and I think I will make these for after the fast!
Just bumping up because thougth maybe some others can enjoy!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins