Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Chareidim beat up Dati Leumi girl
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

marina

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:42 pm
Quote:
Post a recipe that takes two containers of Whip.

Here? On this thread? Okay, I'll try to make it relevant.

Here is my recipe for Whipped Extremists in Gold Sauce.

4 dozen extremists (preferably the kind that wear gold kaftans and beat up women)
Two containers of whip per extremist
4 bags of Hershey's chocolate chips
1 stick margarine.
2 boxes confectioner's sugar

melt chocolate with margarine in double boiler. Then add extremists and whip. Sprinkle lightly with confectioner's sugar and enjoy. Serve warm. This is an especially tasty dish for Friday nights.

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:42 pm
shalhevet wrote:
OK ladies, I have BIG NEWS for all of you.

I have just (seriously) searched the Jerusalem Post and ynet in Hebrew and English (sites not known for their love of chareidim in the least), and I have googled all kinds of things like Bet Shemesh Shabbat and Bet Shemesh Friday night chareidim in Hebrew and English

Hidden: 

AND I HAVE NOT FOUND ONE SINGLE MENTION OF THIS INCIDENT, NOT EVEN ONE

So you can all stop hating the gedolim, and condemning kolel and telling everyone you hate chareidim and/or kolel guys and turn off your computer and go and do something more useful instead.

Totally off topic, but I've never seen someone do that thing with the clicky-button before. It's cool.

marina

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:44 pm
So shalhevet, I guess if the papers don't mention it, it never happened?

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:45 pm
marina wrote:
Quote:
Post a recipe that takes two containers of Whip.

Here? On this thread? Okay, I'll try to make it relevant.

Here is my recipe for Whipped Extremists in Gold Sauce.

4 dozen extremists (preferably the kind that wear gold kaftans and beat up women)
Two containers of whip per extremist
4 bags of Hershey's chocolate chips
1 stick margarine.
2 boxes confectioner's sugar

melt chocolate with margarine in double boiler. Then add extremists and whip. Sprinkle lightly with confectioner's sugar and enjoy. Serve warm. This is an especially tasty dish for Friday nights.

Silly marina, you forgot the bit where you fold in 2 containers of Rich's Whip. Sprinkle the dish with some atheists for added flavor.

red sea

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:45 pm
I just read all 5 pages - Why do y'all think that you are disagreeing with each other??? you all are expressing outraged feelings to such an incident and noone here would consider such thugs G-d fearing jews of any group of any sort.

marina

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:46 pm
I also forgot the onion soup mix. For shame.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:46 pm
shalhevet wrote:
OK ladies, I have BIG NEWS for all of you.

I have just (seriously) searched the Jerusalem Post and ynet in Hebrew and English (sites not known for their love of chareidim in the least), and I have googled all kinds of things like Bet Shemesh Shabbat and Bet Shemesh Friday night chareidim in Hebrew and English

Hidden: 

AND I HAVE NOT FOUND ONE SINGLE MENTION OF THIS INCIDENT, NOT EVEN ONE

So you can all stop hating the gedolim, and condemning kolel and telling everyone you hate chareidim and/or kolel guys and turn off your computer and go and do something more useful instead.

Two online newspapers haven´t mentioned it = it didn't happen?

Now that is reasoning... Rolling Eyes

shalhevet

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:48 pm
marina wrote:
So shalhevet, I guess if the papers don't mention it, it never happened?

Are you serious? Do you know how sites like the JPost and Maariv will just start licking their lips at the very mention of any religious (chareidi is better) story that shows someone who sometimes makes kiddush in a bad light? You are welcome to ask any Israeli poster here if it could have possibly happened and not been reported there. Notice I did not search the New York Times of the Melbourne Chronicle.

chavamom

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:50 pm
marina wrote:
I also forgot the onion soup mix. For shame.

Bahahahahaah Rolling Laughter

Mrs. XYZ

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:50 pm
Quote:
Two online newspapers haven´t mentioned it = it didn't happen?

And one email article signed by some anonymous guy = it DID happen?

Last edited by Mrs. XYZ on Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

chavamom

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:51 pm
Shalhevet - just wait. It took the JPost a while to pick up on the bus issue too. Just b/c their reporter wasn't on the scene doesn't mean it didn't happen.

shalhevet

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:54 pm
chavamom wrote:
Shalhevet - just wait. It took the JPost a while to pick up on the bus issue too. Just b/c their reporter wasn't on the scene doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Uh... this is journalism. This supposedly happened Friday night. It is now Monday night. Even if we are dan l'chaf zchus that the JPost shuts down on shabbos, more than 48 hours have passed.

mali

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:54 pm
I agree with shalhevet that if something like this did indeed happen, we'd have seen it on many sites that drool over scoops like this one.

but I do find it disturbing that only after five pages of posts someone actually bothered looking this up. does it mean that we're so quick to believe that some people in our community CAN behave this way? come to think of it, if someone would say it about a family member of mine, my first reaction would be denial. why didn't it happen to me here?

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 1:03 pm
It is likely that Jpost or Ynet would write it up. It is even more likely that Haaretz would print it up. I googled and found well us and a blog site talking about it...and not much else.

Did it happen? Well I would think that is less likely given the dearth of newspapers decrying those evil religious people. Could it happen? Maybe. So could many a thing.

TO me the response is "girls should know how to defend themselves." That way if it is true, they can fight back. If it is not true they can still defend themselves if need be.

But if it is not true than someone needs to post an apology to the Beit Shemesh/Ramat Beit SHemesh community. I don't mean someone here, I mean the person who started the rumor.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 1:08 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
It is likely that Jpost or Ynet would write it up. It is even more likely that Haaretz would print it up. I googled and found well us and a blog site talking about it...and not much else.

Did it happen? Well I would think that is less likely given the dearth of newspapers decrying those evil religious people. Could it happen? Maybe. So could many a thing.

TO me the response is "girls should know how to defend themselves." That way if it is true, they can fight back. If it is not true they can still defend themselves if need be.

But if it is not true than someone needs to post an apology to the Beit Shemesh/Ramat Beit SHemesh community. I don't mean someone here, I mean the person who started the rumor.
why would anyone want to start a rumor like that?

creativemommyto3

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 1:11 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:

Because some ppl just hate charedim for some reason or another..

shalhevet

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 1:13 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:

So shabbat, as someone who lives in Israel, what are the odds of something like this happening, emails being sent, and Haaretz, the JPost and Ynet not reporting it?

And if you can believe people are warped enough to do something like this, why can't you believe people are warped enough to start such a lie?

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 1:14 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:

I don't care why, I care that it was done, or at least seems to have been done and that none of us until Shalhevet (and that includes me) cared to look it up and check it out.

We have enough enemies in the world, some pretending to be our friends, some who are quite gleeful about wanting us dead dead dead. Why do we need to make enemies of each other?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 1:23 pm
shalhevet wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:

So shabbat, as someone who lives in Israel, what are the odds of something like this happening, emails being sent, and Haaretz, the JPost and Ynet not reporting it?

And if you can believe people are warped enough to do something like this, why can't you believe people are warped enough to start such a lie?

the odds of something like this happening? unfortunately very high

emails being sent? not a clue. if this is just an email scam then the person who sent it has a VERY BIG sinat chinam problem.

the papers not reporting it? it happened on shabbat and how would the papers have "gotten wind"?

ora_43

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 1:29 pm
Maybe there was a real incident that got blown way out of proportion and turned into this story. Maybe a hareidi guy pushed a DL girl and there were other hareidi guys standing around and it turned into "a big group of hareidi men beat her up"--who knows. (Or maybe it really happened, or maybe nothing happened.)

A random story: I was once hanging out with foreign left-wing activists (don't ask) and two were detained for a couple minutes by some soldiers who asked to see their papers. The soldiers then gave them back their papers, told them it was a closed military zone and drove them a couple hundred meters away. The story as written in the media? Four activists nabbed and beaten by soldiers for no reason, the soldiers stole their IDs. So yeah, don't believe everything you read (in that case the story was written up by a PA Arab staffer--what a shock).
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics