Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Sufganiot recipe
Previous  1  2  3  Next

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 12:04 pm
brandy ?!?!?! Drunken Smile

canadamom

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 12:08 pm
yup!! it's only 1 Tbsp. but it works wonders to the dough.... not so much to your head Drunken Smile Black Eye

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 12:08 pm
greenfire wrote:
you made them ... did you like them ?!?!?! because that is the key word here ... we NEED something good - not gooey ...

I made them; they were excellent.

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 1:50 pm
okay so what is "mace" I found a recipe that calls for it ... do I get a pepper spray thing and break it loose ?!?!?!

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 1:54 pm
greenfire wrote:
okay so what is "mace" I found a recipe that calls for it ... do I get a pepper spray thing and break it loose ?!?!?!

It's the shell that grows around a nutmeg tree, finely ground. Use nutmeg instead of mace, just use 1/2 the amount and you'll be fine.

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 2:12 pm
maybe I'll just eat the custard ... I quit !!!

bashinda

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 7:28 pm
someone just gave me this recipe. I made them tonight. simple. bland on their own though they need either confectioners sugar or filling or chocolate icing

2 T dry yeast (I used two packets)
1 1/2 c. warm water
1/3 c. sugar
4 c. flour
2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. oil

mix the yeast, sugar and water and wait 10 minutes
add rest of the ingredients and mix and knead a tiny bit
let stand for an hour to rise
put a nice amount of flour at your work space and pinch off pieces of dough (I did small pieces to make tiny doughnuts and make balls and put on a baking sheet or something else similar and let rise for 45 minutes
fry in oil

voila. simple. easy and no m word in the ingredients.

It made 4 dozen tiny doughnuts. In the future I would half the recipe unless I'm having a chanukah party. I froze some of the balls (we'll see how that turns out) and had a plate left over. anyone want them? Smile )

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 8:46 pm
bashinda wrote:

voila. simple. easy and no m word in the ingredients.

ah someone who gets me ... Wink
so the inside cooked through - I might try this one and add a bit more sugar ... thanx Mr. Green

bashinda

Post Wed, Dec 24 2008, 8:18 pm
either that or just don't eat them plain because they are pretty bland plain. I put glaze on them but rolled in confectioners sugar or a cinnamon-sugar mix sounds good.

and I would never try to promote a recipe with the m word in it for you, green!

the inside is cooked and it's light and just how a doughnut should be.

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 24 2008, 8:38 pm
okay sonny boy found this on line and this was actually made ... um just about all gone as well !!! Drunken Smile

one pkg dry yeast
2 TBS warm water
3/8 cup warm pareve milk
3/8 cup warm water

mix then add

1 egg
2 TBS oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
2 3/4 cup flour

rise an hour
flatten or roll - cut circles - rise another hour & fry till brownish

fill with syringe fill with jelly or custard
dip in chocolate glaze / sprinkle with powdered sugar

OMG Drunken Smile Colors Drunken Smile Colors Sunny Drunken Smile Colors Drunken Smile Colors

mandksima

Post Sun, Dec 28 2008, 11:19 pm
avigailmiriam wrote:
I use www.secretdonutrecipe.com's recipe. And I stuff them with caramel; you do it after frying.

Thanks so much for this link! I made one batch to try and it came out weird because I needed to let it rise more so it wouldn't be as dense (and therefore darken too quickly when frying and be raw inside.) I really liked the ease of the recipe so all I did was change from powdered yeast to fresh (that's what I had) and used water instead of milk to make it pareve and let it rise a bit more. I made doughnut holes ONLY (I used a plastic shot glass) because they fried really quickly and I made 200 or so of them for our chanukah party. I shook them in a bag with powdered sugar and voila, then were gone in a flash and everyone wanted to know how I imported Dunkin Donut's poppems into Eretz Yisroel. I will NOT be making them until next chanukah (I've got to watch what I eat seriously now) but just wanted to say- GREAT RECIPE!

avigailmiriam

Post Sun, Dec 28 2008, 11:27 pm
mandksima wrote:
avigailmiriam wrote:
I use www.secretdonutrecipe.com's recipe. And I stuff them with caramel; you do it after frying.

Thanks so much for this link! I made one batch to try and it came out weird because I needed to let it rise more so it wouldn't be as dense (and therefore darken too quickly when frying and be raw inside.) I really liked the ease of the recipe so all I did was change from powdered yeast to fresh (that's what I had) and used water instead of milk to make it pareve and let it rise a bit more. I made doughnut holes ONLY (I used a plastic shot glass) because they fried really quickly and I made 200 or so of them for our chanukah party. I shook them in a bag with powdered sugar and voila, then were gone in a flash and everyone wanted to know how I imported Dunkin Donut's poppems into Eretz Yisroel. I will NOT be making them until next chanukah (I've got to watch what I eat seriously now) but just wanted to say- GREAT RECIPE!

I'm so glad you liked them! They're addictive.

Marion

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 2:10 am
Bumping for this year...anyone got a no-fry recipe?

sped

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 3:44 am
www.secretdonutrecipe.com - can I make this without a microwave? Or can someone find me the recipe with leben, please?
Thanks

sky

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 8:32 am
sped wrote:
www.secretdonutrecipe.com - can I make this without a microwave? Or can someone find me the recipe with leben, please?
Thanks

check this thread from last year. I made them and they were good (if I remember correctly)

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....leben

Soph

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 3:51 pm
sped wrote:
Thanks

Sure boil or bake the potato...what u need is basicaly mashed potatos they use the microwave to make it faster

natmichal

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 11:57 pm
Marion wrote:

c'mon - THE point of doughnuts is that they are fried (altough you can make latkes in the oven)

shanie5

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 6:02 pm
natmichal wrote:
Marion wrote:

c'mon - THE point of doughnuts is that they are fried (altough you can make latkes in the oven)

I'd prefer to fry the latkes and bake the donuts-so I'll second the request for a baked donut recipe.

bashinda

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 8:17 pm
I bought a donut pan and tried a recipe and unfortunately, it was a bust. In fact, now the donut pan is sitting around collecting dust.

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 14 2009, 9:59 am
tra la la la Music
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics