Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Oven-baked sesame chicken recipe
Previous  1  2  3  Next

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 2:21 pm
Sichee wrote:
?
shouldn't I bake this covered so should be more soft and cooked thru then uncover later?
It will be cooked through when baked uncovered.
Covering it will make it soggy.

Sichee

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 2:54 pm
Thanks so much for the quick response!! Hope it's gonna be good.

sweet

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 8:25 pm
toni wrote:
I made this last night for dinner, it was quick, easy and delicious...thanks! I just cut down a little on the soy sauce, since I rather it sweet than salty.

same, I made this tonight and it was really good!1
thanks.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 26 2011, 1:46 pm
Thanks for the recipe.... and the tips...

amother

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 7:22 pm
how well does oven baked sesme chickern freeze. I made too much....

Strawberry2

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 5:26 am
it should freeze fine. I defrost & reheat on low.

Bubby Mommy

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 2:07 pm
I find the easiest way to make shnitzel, and it's less oily- is to place thin slices of raw shnitzel on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Then pour a little dressing or oil over it and sprinkle with breadcrumbs or cornflake crumbs (I prefer cornflake, but you can make breadcrumbs from leftover challah or bread by placing it in food processor so it's cheaper). Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes uncovered until soft but make sure it doesn't dry out. Then take out of oven and cover with foil to seal juices in.

If doing sesame chicken, you can brush a thin layer of duck sauce over chicken and then pour a mixture of sesame seeds and crumbs over it.

happy mom1

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 4:00 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Sichee wrote:
?
shouldn't I bake this covered so should be more soft and cooked thru then uncover later?
It will be cooked through when baked uncovered.
Covering it will make it soggy.

I covered it by mistake and it wasn't very good_it was very soggy

morahmommy1

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 6:57 pm
made it tonight and my kids loved it (even the one who usually won't touch chicken!). I would add a little less soy sauce next time as well.
Thanks so much!

adrenalin

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 11:25 am
Use 1/2 c. Wayfare parev sour creme (Star K at Whole Foods), mix in half envelope of Good Seasons Italian natural seasoning powder (available at most groceries, in the salad dressing section), marinate your skinless, bone-in or boneless chicken, for 2 hrs. Then, dip in corn flake crumbs, and bake at 375 for a half hour. Easy! and stays moist, even after being kept warm in the warming drawer for quite a long time! We served it on Sukkos and everyone couldn't stop raving about how moist it was!

wwmom

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 11:59 am
I made it last night and everyone liked it. I added a dash of sesame oil to make it more authentic. I will be adding this to my recipe collection.

mfb

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 4:01 pm
[quote="sky"]this is really really yummy. I make it a lot for shabbos. I make it with cutlets but the sauce can easily be used for 8 chicken quarters also.

mix cornflake crumbs with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
Clean and dry 2 1/2 lbs chicken cutlets.
Cut into nugget sizes.
Dip chicken in egg and then the cornflake crumbs.
Bake in a grease baking pan at 370 for about 25 minutes or until done.

mix:
1 cup duck sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sesame seeds

ive made something similar with less soy sauce and some ketchup added in if I dont have time to ffry it, I just cut the chicken cutlet to small pieces and cover with sauce and bake first covered then uncovered
Pour on top of chicken and reheat until heated through.

cookielady

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 4:28 pm
I made this the other night. My family found it way to sweet. It was very easy to make. I would try it again but not nearly so sweet.

GetReal

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 1:35 pm
Would this work with bread crumbs or matzal meal? I don't have cornflake crumbs.

chanee

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 6:29 pm
I feel so stupid to ask... Theres are light brown, dark brown and brownulated suger does it make a difference? Confused I never bake with brown sugers and never bought it yet. Which is ment for this recipe? I still want to make it today, seems to be yum & quick.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 7:09 pm
chanee wrote:
I feel so stupid to ask... Theres are light brown, dark brown and brownulated suger does it make a difference? Confused I never bake with brown sugers and never bought it yet. Which is ment for this recipe? I still want to make it today, seems to be yum & quick.

It shouldn't matter here.

I normally use dark brown sugar for everything as I like the heavier, richer taste of it (and the darker color).

DassRach

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 11:09 am
Looking fwd to trying this this shabbat! im desp for new recipes!

slushiemom

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 11:48 am
DassRach wrote:

Yumm, me too! Actually I think I'll make it for dinner tomorrow night... I'll let you know how it comes out!

youngmum

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 11:48 am
this is so funny. I'm in middle of making sesame chicken and I couldn't remember the proportions of the sauce ingredients. I lost my original recipe (for a change Smile ) and I decided to check it out online and... voila! Thanks everyone!

DassRach

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 11:52 am
slushiemom wrote:
DassRach wrote:

Yumm, me too! Actually I think I'll make it for dinner tomorrow night... I'll let you know how it comes out!

making it with schnitzel or chicken pieces? lemme know! Call me
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen