Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Immediate Reaction to screen names
  Previous  1  2  3   10  11  12  Next

gryp

Post Wed, Jan 21 2009, 6:01 pm
Thanks, btMOM! That's nice of you.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 4:45 am
Yes BTMOM in real life I'm a 60 year old Female singer, but to my friendsI'm a mid 30's Jewish mom. Dont give away my anonymity please Very Happy .

Beauticianista

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 7:41 am
Hope no one gets offended, but any of the screen names with a "!" at the end make me think "Why is she yelling??"

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 9:32 am
lechatchila ariber I keep reading as either:

"lechatchila arbiter"--who appointed her the one who decides what's lechatchila and what's bedieved?--or
"lechatchila arriba"-- bedieved abajo? Y quien entienda, entienda

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 10:17 am
fleetwood wrote:
Yes BTMOM in real life I'm a 60 year old Female singer, but to my friendsI'm a mid 30's Jewish mom. Dont give away my anonymity please Very Happy .

Whew! Fleetwood I was worried you were one of those 21 yr olds on the board that would have no idea who Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nix is. Glad you got the reference. LOL

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 10:34 am
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:
fleetwood wrote:

Whew! Fleetwood I was worried you were one of those 21 yr olds on the board that would have no idea who Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nix is. Glad you got the reference. LOL

Fleetwood Mac is 60????Can't be!!!!!OTOH, I'm...whatever. So yeah, must be.
When is Mick Jagger gonna grow up and get a real job?

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 10:42 am
Mama Bear wrote:
ClaRivka = the jewish version of clarissa

sorry what exactly does that make clarissa - the "non jewish" version ?! Rolling Eyes Confused shock

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 10:44 am
greenfire wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

sorry what exactly does that make clarissa - the "non jewish" version ?! Rolling Eyes Confused shock

Don't you "love" it when people say things like "his name is Yechezkel--you know, Hebrew for Ezekiel"?Arrgh.

Beauticianista

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 10:47 am
hmmmm? - I was wondering the same thing!

NotinNJMommy - Then where oh where can you be?

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 10:57 am
Beauticianista wrote:
Hope no one gets offended, but any of the screen names with a "!" at the end make me think "Why is she yelling??"

SCREAMing would be in caps ... the exclamation point means they think they're special ... look at me !!! Sunny

Beauticianista

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 10:59 am
greenfire wrote:
Beauticianista wrote:

SCREAMing would be in caps ... the exclamation point means they think they're special ... look at me !!! Sunny
Nah, my friend's s/n ends with a !. She's not at all the look at me type...Just very happy, right colorful!?

Fabulous

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 11:02 am
zaq - "saved by the bell"

Sorry, I just have this image of mark paul gossaler (I think is is his name), zack from saved by the bell.

wanderer

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 11:20 am
Beauticianista wrote:
greenfire wrote:
Beauticianista wrote:

Nah, my friend's s/n ends with a !. She's not at all the look at me type...Just very happy, right colorful!?

BUT, OF COURSE...!!! Yes

(well, now I'm yelling..) Wink

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 11:24 am
greenfire wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

I was under the impression that Clarissa isnt a Jewish name. Am I mistaken? I apologize if I am. I've never heard the name used in my 'hood.

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 11:26 am
Fabulous wrote:
zaq - "saved by the bell"

Sorry, I just have this image of mark paul gossaler (I think is is his name), zack from saved by the bell.

Exactly my point. We all see what we want to see... and then we can't stop it in our heads! So annoying.

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 12:06 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
greenfire wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

I was under the impression that Clarissa isnt a Jewish name. Am I mistaken? I apologize if I am. I've never heard the name used in my 'hood.

The name Clarissa is of Latin origin, means "clear, bright", just like "Clara". Unlike Clara, which sounds frumpy and old to me, having had an elderly relative by that name (Hebrew name Chaya), Clarissa sounds young, stylish and sprightly.

You'd be surprised how many "jewish" names--by which I mean Yiddish names--are Slavic or downright pagan in origin. There's a thread on that topic, or maybe a digression in a thread, somewhere here.

I always wondered what the parents of Rabbi Yishmael were thinking...

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 9:53 am
tziganka - Ciganner - the gypsy folks form Hungary!

guesswho

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 10:09 am
SHalhevet-- Reminds me of Shalheves the popolar organization that gives shiurim for women.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 4:45 pm
guesswho wrote:
SHalhevet-- Reminds me of Shalheves the popolar organization that gives shiurim for women.
And YOU, guesswho, make me think you are my mother or something... like "Hey! Guess who I am?" Tongue Out

octopus

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 5:00 pm
well octopus makes me think of an eight-legged creature from the deep.
(now where is the jaws music????)
Page 2 of 12   Previous  1  2  3   10  11  12  Next Recent Topics