Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shabbos in Niagara

Judy

Post Mon, Aug 08 2011, 1:55 am
I was wondering if anyone has spent a shabbos in Niagara Falls? I know chabad has an arrangement at the 4 point Sheraton -meals and minyan, I was just wondering if anyone has joined them ever and how it was? Was the food good or decent? Were there alot of frum ppl? I hate being away shabbos in a non jewish touristy atmosphere, so I was wondering if alot of frum ppl go there or does anyone plan on being there shabbos of aug 26. would love to hear feedback

Judy

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 3:14 pm
Has nobody spent shabbos in niagara???????
I'm planning to go for week and not sure if to stay for shabbos? would like some feedback. anyone??????

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 3:21 pm
I was camping on the American side, and ended up staying with a chabad family in Buffalo for Shabbos.

Your best bet is to call Niagara Chabad and ask them how many people/atmosphere, etc

sbs

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 5:36 pm
I actually was also looking at that chabad shabbos and was wondering if anyone had done it, I know someone who ate from their restaurant during the week and said it was a small buffet,
I can bring along food, so I'm less nervous about meals than just not having people around and being cooped up in a hotel the whole shabbos

Judy

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 9:44 pm
I did call chabad and asked they said they have between 30-40 to 150 ppl on shabbos from all over. He said its a nice atmosphere ppl sit around and shmooze in the ballroom , meals are buffet style shabbos day. I guess we'll see during the week maybe we'll pop in and ck it out if it looks nice and we're not bored yet by shabbos we'll give it a try.

Judy

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 1:06 am
Well I guess since I got no replies I'll have to answer this myself although I'm a bit late and the summer season is over. I did go to niagara stayed for a full week ( yes I had what to do for a week and we didnt even do everything there.) We also stayed for shabbos which was a wonderful experience. I was quite nervous not knowing what it would be like so I'd like to share that it was great. The chabad shaliach there-the Saltzman family are amazing. The rabbi arranges a minyan all summer at the four points sheraton and it was packed every night lots of minyanim going all evening. For shabbos he arranges catered meals at the four points, You can stay there on a low floor, they have shabbos keys... or in any hotel nearby. There was a nice crowd of heimish ppl from all over, monsey, williamsburg, bp, flatbush, great neck, passaic, virginia, toronto....The food was absolutely delicious , five star, he orders everything from whoever makes it best and plenty. the atmoshphere was wonderful, everyone friendly, singing together, speaking, divrei torah, farbrengen a really amazing shabbos!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics