Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Chocolate Chip Cookie topped Brownies
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

happy2beme

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 10:42 am
Do you whip the topping with a mixer on high speed or just mix it by hand with fork? Should it be fluffy like whip cream or liquidy?
Thx

shmaichul

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 10:51 am
if I make it in a 9in pan should I half the topping?

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 11:27 am
happy2beme wrote:
Do you whip the topping with a mixer on high speed or just mix it by hand with fork? Should it be fluffy like whip cream or liquidy?
Thx

DON'T whip it at all. Just shake the container and pour the liquid into the melted chocolate and then using a hand whisk or fork, mix to combine.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 11:28 am
shmaichul wrote:
if I make it in a 9in pan should I half the topping?

If you're doing it in a 9 inch square pan, then do one brownie batter, do one cookie dough batter (and then either freeze the extra dough or make cookies) and make half the ganache recipe.

happy2beme

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 12:23 pm
thanks yesha!

shmaichul

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 1:18 pm
Thanks alot!!

leel

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 2:21 pm
if I am using a duncan hines brownie mix- should I use 2 or only 1?

cookielady

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 3:01 pm
leel wrote:
if I am using a duncan hines brownie mix- should I use 2 or only 1?

Use one for a 9x13 pan. If it's for a square, I would imagine you would use 2.

(Hi Shoy! Wink )

bashinda

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 10:29 pm
You're amazing, Yesha. I think I'll try this for Purim. Hashem should continue to bentch you with revealed brachos!

HealthCoach

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 11:41 pm
I made it for desert for fri night. I made a small one to taste. YUM! Thanks YESHASettler

pinktichel

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 8:19 am
Made it... definitely a keeper but would've been even better if I had a normal oven. Crying
Thanks!

cookielady

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 10:01 am
Looks great. Taste a piece before it was cold. so so. then tasted it after it was chilled and they are really awesome!!

Thanks YESHA!

happy2beme

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 10:07 am
WOW! I made this & it was awesome!!! I baked it for longer because my oven's a little off & I like things over baked better than under baked.

Yesha, when u make it does the toothpick come out clean or is it supposed to be chocolately? I left it in until toothpick came out clean.

Also, I made the ganache, but I think I put in too much topping. I tasted it & I was scared it would ruin such a yummy cake so I didn't pour it on. I figured I'll do a little piece first & see how it tastes. Although I think the cake is almost gone already (9x9) ! So if I like it with the ganache I'll have to wait until the next time I make it (soon!)

With the ganache, does it taste like a runny cake (you know, like the raw cakes) or is it mousse-like?

Also, I used some of the cookie dough to make cookies & they were out of this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how long do u bake it for? (I over baked that too, but that was an accident. But it was so good crunchy!!!!!! embarrassed )

I have to say, this is one of the best recipes I've gotten from imamother!

sooooooooo good!

(dh was very appreciative too!)

happy2beme

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 10:09 am
cookielady wrote:
Looks great. Taste a piece before it was cold. so so. then tasted it after it was chilled and they are really awesome!!

Thanks YESHA!

cookie, maybe that's why I wasn't so crazy about ganache- since it wasn't chilled.
Guess, I'll try a bigger piece with it & see Twisted Evil

pinktichel

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 2:52 pm
mine tasted like a chewy brownie (it was in the oven for a looooong time and toothpick still came out wet. I gave up eventually and took it out) with a chocolate icing.... tasted good, but I don't think it came out like it should have... will try it again when I eventually buy a new oven.

happy2beme

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 9:49 am
hmmmm.... with the ganache it was really delish!

gryp

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 4:02 pm
I made this and people couldn't believe I made it myself. Smile

Thanks, Yesha, for the recipe. (I did leave out the butter/margarine when melting the choc chips, like I always do.)

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 9:38 am
everyone can make this but me ......... Sad

freidasima

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 9:43 am
Ok folks how do you make this without margarine, shortening or whip?
Any way to make it delicious but a bit healthier for those of us who don't eat that stuff?

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 10:05 am
freidasima wrote:
Ok folks how do you make this without margarine, shortening or whip?
Any way to make it delicious but a bit healthier for those of us who don't eat that stuff?

Vegan Brownies recipe here, so it's also egg-free.

I wasn't able to find any oil-free chocolate chip cookie recipes, but if you Google vegan chocolate chip cookies you'll get a ton that use anywhere between 1/4 and 1 cup of oil.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins