Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Did anyone get Mishpacha this Shabbos?
Previous  1  2

suomynona

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 8:37 am
Yup, it's the last chapter.
Are you sure you want me to tell you the ending?

At first, I saw the words The End and I was like - What??
It did end off a little bit suddenly. But after I thought about it, I think she ended it off well. It would've been too hard for her to tie up all the loose ends.
I just hope she has an Epilogue.

queen

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 8:42 am
can you PM me then?

I don't get Mishpacha but glance through it when at my parents...

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 8:43 am
wow - she ALREADY ended it? there was so much going on last week! Please dont spoil it, I'll read it myself Smile

suomynona

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 8:53 am
Queen, I PM'ed you

queen

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 8:55 am
thanks anonymous! Now I can rest better!!!!!

Motek

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 10:22 am
I didn't read the story but found the controversy interesting - that they stopped printing it, then started again, R' Grylak's editorial, letters to the editor, and now that it's finished more letters.

Any opinions about it?

realeez

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 12:13 pm
I think that the story touched on a raw nerve of many people - that there are issues in the frum community of gambling and not everyone is as perfect as they seem.
Truth is that I only read the story after they brought it back (didn't get mishpacha before that).

I found Mr. Schwartz, Raizy's father, to be a reflection of so many people. He was so quick to condemn Avrummy for his gambling and at first you feel sorry for the poor man who has to deal with this situation. He seems to be the victim of an unfortunate situation. Very quickly the tables turn when he starts a smear campaign against Avrummy and even hires a private investigator to find out bad information about the Friedmans. While he is upset about $60K being "stolen" and will ruin his daughter's marriage and life over it, he has no problem spending ~20K for the investigator.
There are so many people in real life who seem to be on a quest for good and to make the world a better place but if you get in their way, they will step on you and hard. The people I am thinking of are not necessarily as extreme as Mr. Schwartz but are of the same mentality.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room