Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Tsunami in Asia
Previous  1  2  3  Next

gryp

Post Sun, Jan 02 2005, 8:24 pm
ok, everyone, im a little hyper, because someone just showed me this:

an old copy of "hakriah vehakdusha" about the kapitol tehillim 93
"Hashem Malach Ge'us Lavesh...."

this kapitol is talking about Moshiach and the geulah.

"Nasu Neharos Hashem, Nasu Neharos Kolam Yisu Neharos Dachyam. Mikolos Mayim Rabim Adirim Mishberei Yam Adir Bamarom Hashem"

usually translated: "The rivers have raised, O Lord, the rivers have raised their voice; the rivers raise their raging waves. More than the sound of many waters, than the mighty breakers of the sea, is the Lord mighty on High"

here translated: "the waters will lift up Hashem, the waters will lift up their voices, the waters will lift up their waves.... (the rest is the same as above.)

Before Moshiach comes there will be a huge flood, it will drown an entire country or almost an entire country. the waters will cause such a shturem that people will turn their hearts to G-d, and the entire world politics will change! The waters will be so mighty, that it will not be a natural thing at all, but from Hashem! Because of the raging waters, people will call out to Hashem and recognize Him. This is the meaning of "the waters will lift up their voices" and since the voices will be calling out to Hashem, therefore "the waters will lift up Hashem!"

After this huge flood, right away the process of Moshiach will start! starting with Neviim announcing Moshiachs arrival,...and the rest of the entire process! Only after this huge flood will Moshiach come!

MOSHIACH IS COMING NOW!

In merit of Moshiachs imminent arrival, I take upon myself a hachlata before all who are reading this, to do every mitzvah from now on with Chayus!

Motek

Post Sun, Jan 02 2005, 8:43 pm
just to add: the previous post is a quote from the 6th Lubavitcher Rebbe and was written well before 1950 when he passed away

zuncompany

Post Sun, Jan 02 2005, 9:18 pm
WOW! RG AMEN!!!!

hubby and I are putting up our bookshelves for the books we bought hey teves and I think as soon as its up and the dining room is back in place- we are going to sit down a learn!!!

Sara

Rivka

Post Mon, Jan 03 2005, 10:59 am
It didn't just hit indonesia, it hit India, Africa, and all around that area which is a pretty big area, but apparently I don't know if this is just a rumour, the American army had a base in Indonesia, they had early warning signs for storms and evacuated their air base, another rumour, Thailand knew about it but thought that by telling people it would affect money coming in to the country through foreign visitors holidaying etc.
So pretty disgusting if these things are true.
It is quite scary because on the richter scale that was the largest since they have been recording earthquakes.

gryp

Post Mon, Jan 03 2005, 11:18 am
Motek, it seems to be from the Frierdiker Rebbe. I dont know the whole story but for some reason they didnt want people to know who the actual person was behind these publications. they wrote the name "zarchi" as a false name.
there is a whole story of this that I dont know the details to but I can find out. someone actually followed a guy that has to do with it to see who was really behind this, and it turned out to be the Rebbe.
anyway, it seems to be from the Frierdiker Rebbe, and was edited by him.
and yes, it was a long time ago in the early taf-shins.

ForeverYoung

Post Mon, Jan 03 2005, 11:46 am
half of the europ was flooded last year too...
I do hope Mashiah comes really soon!!!!

Amei, Amein, Amein!

Yael

Post Mon, Jan 03 2005, 11:56 am
did you hear about the baby that was born right during and after the tsunami? the mother ran away with her husband and other child they just made it to a high spot when the water came and then she went into labor. a few weeks early. the husband found a nurse and they rigged up a makeshift curtain and laid her on a bed of leaves and with just a pan of hot water, a thread, and a cloth, she gave birth a few hours later. they named the boy tsunami roy.
cute huh?
can you imagine giving birth in those conditions? no epidural....forget the medicine not even a bed!!! wow!!

gryp

Post Mon, Jan 03 2005, 12:06 pm
or the mother who had to choose which child to let go of?????
she let go of the older one, and they found him later alive clinging to a door.
what a wonderfully happy ending after an awful heartbreaking decision!

Motek

Post Mon, Jan 03 2005, 2:13 pm
DISTANT EARLY WARNING
By Boruch Merkur (editor@beismoshiach.org)

"As water covers the ocean bed," we had no way of knowing when the
earthquake would be unleashed. It's force equivalent to approximately one
million A-bombs. "No eye has beheld it, with the exception of You, O L-rd."

So far away, who would have felt its tremors or given them the slightest
consideration if they had? Let alone make a change of plan, even if it was
just to lay out on the beach or play by the shore. Who would have known that
the epicenter, thousands of miles away, would extend its hands so far and so
forcefully? Who would have known that it would happen so fast? "Speedily
does Your word run." Only the experts, the seismologists, with their fingers
on the pulse of the earth's core - they knew. But they couldn't get the
warning out in time; there was no network in that region to deal with the
emergency.

When zero hour came and the water came welling up on the shore, people stood
marveling at the wonder (surreal when juxtaposed to the placid blue skies).
By the time they realized they should turn and run, they were overwhelmed by
the onslaught of waves.
Continuing the work of his predecessor, the Rebbe Rayatz, the Rebbe MH"M
spent decades building up a network of emissaries to span the globe, not
sparing any effort to cover its entirety. Maybe there are a few Jews
remaining in this part of town. Maybe a Jewish tourist will find his way out
to that remote corner.

In the early 5750's (1990's) a tremendous force of redemption was unleashed
in the world. At first it was only apparent in the higher realms. The Rebbe
MH"M saw this vision clearly and shared it with us, applying the words of
the Yalkut Shimoni: "The time of your redemption has arrived!" On 7 Elul
5751, the Rebbe MH"M uttered the prophecy, "Immediately to Redemption" and
"Behold this (Moshiach) is coming," urging the word to be spread to
everyone. Just a few month later, on 25 MarCheshvan 5752, the Rebbe insisted
that his entire network be devoted to nothing but this urgent cause: "The
only thing that is remaining in the work of shlichus is to greet our
righteous Moshiach in actuality in order that he should be able to fulfill
his mission in actuality of taking all the Jews out of Exile."

The world is shifting at an incredible pace. On the surface, it may not
always appear to be so. We might be confronted by a moment of doubt: Why
disturb the serenity of the beach and the blue skies? (Indeed our mind may
play tricks on us - see HaYom Yom of 12 Teives. Interestingly, there were
reports that there were no animal carcasses among the close to 150,000 human
victims of the tsunamis. Scientists speculate that animals do in fact have a
sort of sixth sense. Anticipating the danger, they fled to higher ground. "I
have been as animals before You, and I am constantly with You.") But the
wise (faithful) will take the Rebbe's prophecy to heart. It is precisely now
when we should be shaking up the world with the message of the imminent
Redemption. If we are all properly prepared, having spread the wellsprings
outward to the fullest degree possible, then there is no doubt that we will
see the waves of Redemption wash across the world with mercy, "And the earth
will be filled with the knowledge of G-d."

(From Beis Moshiach Issue #491)

Rivka

Post Mon, Jan 03 2005, 4:36 pm
I do hope it is true, but do you think this catastrophe will really make people change? The twin towers made everyone scared and pray harder but a couple years later peope seem to have forgotten. Sometimes I wonder how bad does it have to be or get before people wake up and realise.
I do hope this is the sign that Mashiach is coming very very soon I don't know how much more this world could take and that is not even counting what is happening in Israel.

Tefila

Post Sat, Jan 08 2005, 11:26 pm
Quote:
In merit of Moshiachs imminent arrival, I take upon myself a hachlata before all who are reading this, to do every mitzvah from now on with Chayus!

RG AMen and may we feel what we feel now each day as Moshiach comes closer to a COMPLETE REVELATION.

zuncompany

Post Sat, Jan 08 2005, 11:29 pm
http://www.shmais.com/jnewsdetail.cfm?ID=160

wow!

chabadnick

Post Sun, Jan 09 2005, 1:04 am
I started to make a connection to the parsha and my friend said I shouldnt. In that weeks parsha, Shemot, there was a mentioning of the nile and avoda zora! Maybe Hashem send this mini mabel to wash away the avoda zora! Is that wrong to say!@

Tefila

Post Sun, Jan 09 2005, 1:36 am
No, why should it be wrong to say......there may be truth to that too...... But then none of us are immune!
We should just Thank Hashem that something like this didn't happen to us and not b/c we are greater then they were!!!
We should also increase in our observance of mitzvos as RG said 'with chayos'!!!!!

Rivka

Post Sun, Jan 09 2005, 8:56 am
no you cannot say this tragedy was do to their bad deeds, you can say that about stuff that happens to yourself, but not what happens to others.

sarahd

Post Sun, Jan 09 2005, 12:22 pm
You're right. We are not neviim today that we can say we know why Hashem does something. If you want to draw a lesson for yourself, kol hakavod, but don't do it for someone else.

Motek

Post Wed, Jan 19 2005, 6:53 pm
re the earlier posts about advanced warning - Israeli seismologist, Dr. Nissim Vidal, says there is no advanced warning system that could have predicted this natural disaster or even provided a few precious minutes to prepare.

"Many people think that technology will save them from disasters, but no technology can stand in the way of HaKadosh Boruch Hu," he said.

He says that about 30 years ago, in China, scientists noticed that snakes and other reptiles suddenly began to scurry from their hideouts. At that very moment, seismographers detected unusual activity, and the govt. decided to evacuate residents from that region. That decision saved many lives when a strong earthquake subsequently hit.

Motek

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 5:55 pm
someone said that her son heard on some Israeli radio program that an Israeli's wife and 3 children were killed in the tsunami

before you say, oy nebach --

the man said that he had left Israel but G-d had found him ...

the wife and kids were non jews ...

this is actually a zechus for him, there's a long story which I won't tell here, which some of you may have heard, about R' Yosef Baal Agala, the end of that story is that he was instrumental in bringing a Jew back in teshuva but the man was distraught over having a gentile wife and children. Then he heard the news that they had been killed and he knew that his teshuva had been accepted, the slate had been wiped clean.

Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 07 2005, 6:53 am
that's an absolute horrible story......
We have kiruved a guy here, who is married to a non jewish woman, they have 2 sons. This Israeli man is obviously going through very rough times now, but I sure hope that when the time comes, his slate will be whiped clean in a very very different way!

Anny

Post Mon, Feb 07 2005, 3:43 pm
the story is terrible....
I sinserely hope that this man will become a tru, real Baal Teshuva, because the sacrifice of 4 human lives to clear his way is a high price he has to justify.

About the warning:
it is known that a strong earthquake can be followed by tzunami,
and it is also known that the governments of those countries never bothered installing a system of alarms.

May be this time not too many people would have been helped by the system, but the people who should have installed it are still responcible for those lives, even if it's only 1 life.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics