Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Maybe some israeli's can help me...and americans too!!!
1  2  Next

supermom

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 2:06 pm
I want to open a business here in Israel selling chocolate molds, lolly pops, and small chocolate candies, and napkin rings for bar mitzvahs. Any suggestions how I go about it? what kind of prices I can ask for? I have for all types of simchas. If anyone knows please feel free to write. How much would you be willing to pay for it.

ButterflyGarden

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 2:15 pm
BS"D
Great Idea!! I think 4 sheq a piece in bulk and maybe more for a smaller order. I'm assuming that when you say lollipop you mean small.
Would everything be mahadrin?

supermom

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 2:22 pm
thanks for answering!! the lollypops are actually big and small ones. I thought of three shekals or four for the big ,and one and half to two shekals for the small. now how about the actual chocolate baskets?

ButterflyGarden

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 2:27 pm
Those are great prices, I'd spring for that for our next big simcha IY"H. What kind of basket? How big? You can actually fill it with thing?

supermom

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 2:39 pm
you can fill it with a lot of stuff it is big. I have swans, baskets, horns and more I have big, medium and small

ButterflyGarden

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 2:51 pm
WOW!! Ok, without seeing it, I might go for a basket for no more than 50-100 (depending on size, complication, ect.). I'm not really the type who would go for swans and horns, so I might not be a good judge for that. Do you have baby things? Buggy, booties, bottles?

I'm getting a craving for chocolate!!

supermom

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 3:12 pm
Rolling Laughter

The baskets are in shapes of swans and horns which are very elegant. as for the regular baskets they are not so expensive that I am selling them for. I actually have pictures of some of the stuff that I make. as for baby things they are all coming in a shipment by pesach time sorry. but as for purim I have clown lollypops, big nice flowers if I should say so myself, teacher lollypops, small flowers, small chocolate candies, and well I will have to check out what else I have more of.

ps I have pictures...

ButterflyGarden

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 3:20 pm
Do you have a heksher yet? I'd love to buy some for purim, but the people I'd give to would look for a printed heksher. Does the basket have to be kept cold? Maybe as a nice center for the sudah?

ButterflyGarden

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 3:21 pm
HEY!!! I made senior member Exclamation Very Happy

supermom

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 3:51 pm
RivkaBatya wrote:
Do you have a heksher yet? I'd love to buy some for purim, but the people I'd give to would look for a printed heksher. Does the basket have to be kept cold? Maybe as a nice center for the sudah?

I only use bedatz chocolate. no they don't have to be kept cold. you could as a matter of the fact the horn does the trick for that. you throw in some cookies or some of pastries that you can make or buy and let them fall and it really looks nice and presentable.

you say that I need a printed heksher where do I obtain these things? is it from the vaad of bedatz like the stores have a teudah? or do you need them on the actuall baskets and all?

goldrose

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 11:29 pm
supermom, are you making the chocolate yourself? or buying wholesale? how do you make these chocolates?!

happyone

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 11:31 pm
did you say you have chocolate napkin rings? that would be interesting.

happyone

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 11:32 pm
[quote="RivkaBatya"]HEY!!! I made senior member Exclamation Very Happy[/quote]

congrats~

proudmom

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 11:41 pm
goldrose wrote:
supermom, are you making the chocolate yourself? or buying wholesale? how do you make these chocolates?!

she does it herself, its a lot of work and time consuming.

goldrose

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 11:44 pm
Wow - how do you do that with kids in the house? And chocolate, too! My kids would STEAL!! Rolling Laughter

p.s. as far as the hechsher goes, there must be something else besides for chocolate that you BUY that goes into the "recipe" for the chocolate concoction that goes in the molds - right? like sugar etc? So maybe that's what needs a hechsher...but no, I have no idea how to get one! And I wonder if it costs $$ to put a hechsher on your stuff...that wouldnt be fun...

proudmom

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 11:47 pm
Quote:
there must be something else besides for chocolate that you BUY that goes into the "recipe" for the chocolate concoction that goes in the molds - right?

nope, only chocolate

goldrose

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 11:48 pm
so she melts bars of chocolate and makes them into new shapes?

proudmom

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 11:50 pm
yes

ButterflyGarden

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 1:25 am
Call your local vaad bedatz. I think it dose cost, but then you can use that for marketing. You could say that you use only bedatz ingredients, and I think a lot of people would still buy, but might not give them as gifts.

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 1:34 am
thanks I will call today!!!

now do you know where I can get plastics for the lollypops from inorder to wrap them Confused I have been looking but I have no idea as to where to start from.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics