Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Woman arrested for making her children walk home..
Previous  1  2

pacifier

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 4:05 pm
I can hardly walk two miles!!
I do think that 3 miles is a lot.
Plus, how come the kids wouldn't listen to their mother telling them to calm down, but listened to her to get out of the car!!!?

Isramom8

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 5:40 pm
A mile, tops, if you really need to teach a lesson - in a safe neighborhood where they know the way home, in decent weather.

Police should warn, not arrest. Ideally, refer to psychologist so the family can get help.

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 5:58 pm
Okay, first a ten year old should have more stamina than an older person. Second of all the average person, walking a slow, leisurely pace, should be able to walk 3 miles in about an hour. Norm, for a good pace, not too fast or slow, is about 15 min per mile.

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 30 2009, 10:30 pm
can somebody tell me how to upload an email picture here ...

HindaRochel

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 1:54 am
I think you might need to upload the picture to something like photobucket, and then grab then grab the URL and add it here by clicking the little picture icon (mountain with the sun) and adding the image link that is listed for the picture.

Marion

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 3:01 am
You make your 16 & 14 year old boys call you when they get to school????? I remember taking the bus to & from school, over an hour each way depending on the transfer time...no, I was not expected (at 11) to call my parents to tell them I made it safely. I think, generally, society has to "butt out" a bit more.

HindaRochel

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 8:12 am
Marion wrote:
You make your 16 & 14 year old boys call you when they get to school????? I remember taking the bus to & from school, over an hour each way depending on the transfer time...no, I was not expected (at 11) to call my parents to tell them I made it safely. I think, generally, society has to "butt out" a bit more.

I think we need to stop seeing our children as so vulnerable. If I were leaving my 16 year old overnight or for the weekend I would probably contact them at some point, but I would expect them to come home from school on their own without worry.

ValleyMom

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 3:24 pm
I have had to pull over to the side of the road until the bickering stopped. I give my warning and then I just pull off the road. Then we all sit there--me, with my eyes closed praying really hard that they will all get calm. Eventually order is restored and we continue on our merry way.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics