Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Video of Bobover Rebbe dancing ''Mitzvah Tanz''
Previous  1  2  3  Next

happy

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 10:53 am
It really is beautiful to watch. Thanks Roza for posting the link.!

Also, if the Kallah is so heavily vailed as Mindy stated then she doesn't see anything? You mean the whole dance is for her and she can't see the Rebbe dancing for her?

Mindy can you clarify?

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 2:44 pm
I was at a wedding once and at the end of the mitzvah tanz, the chosson and kallah danced together- HOLDING HANDS! is this the usual? I couldn't believe it! how is that tznius? and what if it was a chuppas niddah? everyone would know!

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 3:51 pm
Yes, the chosson and kallah do dance at the end of the mitzvah tanz. The only people really present by then are immediate family.
Yes, sadly if it's chupas niddah the family finds out (if they havent yet noticed them not holding hands after the chupah).

queen

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 3:58 pm
[quote="Mindy"Yes, sadly if it's chupas niddah the family finds out (if they havent yet noticed them not holding hands after the chupah).[/quote]

that must make it terribly embarrassing for the kallah. why can't it be- some 'prefer' to hold hands- others don't- in order to protect the shame of these poor girls???

mir11

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 5:10 pm
Quote:
Yes, sadly if it's chupas niddah the family finds out (if they havent yet noticed them not holding hands after the chupah).

Quote:
that must make it terribly embarrassing for the kallah. why can't it be- some 'prefer' to hold hands- others don't- in order to protect the shame of these poor girls???

yes, I think that this is the most nerv wracking part of every engagement by a chassidishe chossen kallah, hoping and davening that she shouldn't be niddah. cause everyone can see after chuppah if dont hold hands and by mitzva tantz.

however there is a big inyan (dont know exactly) to davka hold hands at those times.

and the mitzva tantz is not a romantic dance its a serious time when chosson and kallah daven for their future. its a big eis rotzon.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 5:15 pm
queen wrote:
[quote="Mindy"Yes, sadly if it's chupas niddah the family finds out (if they havent yet noticed them not holding hands after the chupah).

that must make it terribly embarrassing for the kallah. why can't it be- some 'prefer' to hold hands- others don't- in order to protect the shame of these poor girls???[/quote]

all things considered chupas niddah is quite a rare thing. In my class of 27 we had only one - she had stained right before the chasunah, while getting dressed! nebbich.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 5:17 pm
I forgot to add, that chupas niddah is rare because most girls take 'kallah pills' to prevent such from happening.

mir11

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 5:17 pm
Quote:
all things considered chupas niddah is quite a rare thing. In my class of 27 we had only one

thats also true most girls are on pills to try to prevent a chuppas niddah[/quote]

queen

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 5:20 pm
Mindy wrote:
all things considered chupas niddah is quite a rare thing. In my class of 27 we had only one - she had stained right before the chasunah, while getting dressed! nebbich.

How can it happen less with Chassidim than with Litvish, which I hear happens more than we realize? How do you time your weddings any better- especially when dates are picked so far in advance?

I was scarred purple before my wedding about having chupas nidda. My period hadn't come yet and my mind was racing! BHHHHHH it DID come, but had it come 12 hours later I would have had a problem.

but my question remains- how does it happen less frequently in your circles?

mir11

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 5:20 pm
theres goes a double post LOL we both posted the same info at same time Compress

amother

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 5:21 pm
My toddler loved watching it, the huge amount of people, the singing, they kept asking if they could clap along, also asked if it was windy - Wink ya know, all the warm hats! I enjoyed it too, never saw a mitzvah tanz before.

queen

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 5:24 pm
mir11 wrote:
Quote:
all things considered chupas niddah is quite a rare thing. In my class of 27 we had only one

thats also true most girls are on pills to try to prevent a chuppas niddah
[/quote]

even WITH the pills it happens more than we realize.
My father's a rov and deals with these things.

mir11

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 5:30 pm
Quote:
even WITH the pills it happens more than we realize.

I'm sure it happens enough times although probably less then by litvish pple cause we do try to prevent it with pills orother natural ways (I know that doesn't guarantee a clean chuppa but we try)

queen

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 5:31 pm
but no kallah- Chassidish OR litvish wants a chuppas nidda!!!!!!!

mir11

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 5:36 pm
Quote:
but no kallah- Chassidish OR litvish wants a chuppas nidda!!!!!!!

I agree 100% with that. but still think a chupaas niddah by chassidishe pple is more embarissing cause every one figures it out

miriam

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 5:57 pm
amother wrote:
My toddler loved watching it, the huge amount of people, the singing, they kept asking if they could clap along, also asked if it was windy - Wink ya know, all the warm hats! I enjoyed it too, never saw a mitzvah tanz before.

My two year old was clapping along, too.

realeez

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 6:57 pm
I think that the fact that you have longer engagements can make it more likely that taking BCP (aka "kallah pills" - cute!) will work. they say that ppl are most likely to have spotting only during the first 3 months and if you have a longer engagement, things I'd assume would even out.

about the mitzvah tanz, I saw one on s/1's wedding video and it was so serious. the girl ran to her mother after practically in tears. (yes she is happily married now). is it always so serious and emotional?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 7:02 pm
yes it's a very emotional thing, very solemn and 'heilig' . the girl had probbly just danced with her father or grnadfather when she was crying.

realeez

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 7:11 pm
actually it was after she danced with her chosson and it seemed like a really long dance.

jewgal84

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 7:30 pm
One word: Wow!

That was really nice and inspiring, so many chassidim too, it almost looks like a rally! Is there always a big crowd?

Where are the woman? (I heared in some of your circles, ppl forbid to take any videos or pictures, can you clarify that?

(I only see her hair being veiled, is her face as well?)

Does everyone merit to dance with your Rebbe?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links