Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What do you do between camp and school ???

kinderCK

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 1:48 pm
This year, the break between camp and school is going to be 2 full weeks + and I have no family here that can help. I"ll be able to get away for a few days and of course I can arrange a play date or 2, but am hoping that someone may know or can encourage teenage girls to start some kind of "break" camp for school age girls. My DD is 7 years old and we live in Midwood
Any info/leads would be so appreciated!!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 1:51 pm
It's always a struggle.
This week, my MIL will BE"H babysit one or two days (as she only works 3x a week.)
Another day my high school aged neighbor is available to babysit for just one day. Dd loves her.
And the last day, I have to take off.
Hatzlacha Rabba!!

chaylizi

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 2:06 pm
my dd started camp this morning. but I will be compiling a list of activities because she will be home with the rest of us all august.

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 2:10 pm
A friend of mine is sending her kids to Ruach Day Camp this summer because for the first time there is a day camp in Brooklyn that is for NINE weeks--which will cover one of the weeks at the end of the summer. Also, this year, their camp day ends at 4:30 instead of 4:00.

Last edited by manhattanmom on Mon, Jun 22 2009, 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 2:11 pm
Is she the only one you need to find activities?
I'd say, launch your own "Bring Your Daughter to Work Week".

If not for the whole week, I can definitely do this several days. My 7yr old DD loves to come with me to the office--she knows she cannot be disruptive, and happy with her books and drawings etc. It's not the busiest time of the year so I can usually find a spare desk for her.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 2:11 pm
When my kids were little I paid a babysitter (read, friend whose kids were also home) to care for them; between camp and school I took off time to care for them. Usually we'd visit my parents.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 2:16 pm
May I inform you all that there is practically no Litvishe Yeshiva in Brooklyn- Boys or girls that is starting yeshiva before September 7th. Even the longest day camp day Camp doesnt totally solve the problem but it helps.

My daughters B.Y. is starting 9/9!
The principal fro the boys Yeshiva told me earliest that he will start is 9/6!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 2:20 pm
You have allllll summer for the parents to convince the school(s) to open earlier.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 2:23 pm
I doesnt pay. Its already on some Yeshiva calendars. Notes were given out in the last weekly newsletters. And its not only my kids schools!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics