Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
A CHILD MOLESTOR AMONGST US
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 11:25 pm
I was in a popular kids playground this past week when I noticed that workmen were called in to repair some damage. Amongst the workmen that were there I noticed one of the guys (frum religious) from his profile on the National relations offenders registery (yes I did look it up a while back) and I was shocked. Within an instant my eyes were on him and did not leave him until he left (I was afraid for all the kids there). At one point he left his work and went to play on one of the games machines and a bunch of kids crowded around him to watch. I cringed and my friend rebuked me for being so paranoid.

I came home that night and looked it up again - he was arrested for having intercourse with a 9 year old 10 years ago.

PLEASE HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO - WHAT SHOULD I HAVE DONE. This man has a job where he has access to any frum house in brooklyn and he could have easily been to your house too on a repair job. Do I tell his boss (or does he already know), was he allowed to venture freely in a kids play area? should I have told the owner?? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? say he paid the time for the crime. But then again I read over and over once a relations abuser always an abuser.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 11:28 pm
This is freaky. May I ask what erea this is?

I think you should forward this info to the boss in an anonymous way. Like an email or fax....

amother

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 11:29 pm
BORO PARK

amother

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 11:29 pm
If he is a registered s*x offender, then he is not allowed to go within x amount of feet of a children's school/playground etc.
Next time you see something like this, you call 911 immediately and have him arrested!

bubby

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 11:32 pm
I would ask Rav Dovid Cohen from Ohel on this one. BTW, I commend you for your diligence & awareness. Thumbs Up

momofmultiples

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 11:33 pm
////

Last edited by momofmultiples on Sat, Sep 12 2009, 11:38 pm; edited 3 times in total

amother

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 11:35 pm
What does that mean momofmultiples?
I was under the impression that registered s*x offenders are under LIFELONG parole, etc.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 11:43 pm
tHANK YOU I will call Rabbi Cohen

I checked again right now and he is a level 2 relations offender (which is moderate risk).

When he wandered into the games area his boss did not bat an eyelid. When my niece ran up next to him and started playing with a games machine she smiled to me and said "she is a little too young for that game) I wanted to puke honestly. I ignored him grabbed her and ran away. I was sitting at a distance but when he was playing on the machine and at least 10 kids were circling him they were having a banter and I was sitting there thinking what easy prey for him.

Now my isuses were on the law of moiser as he was prosecuted and dealt with and perhaps I was not allowed to call anyone if I did not see anything wrong happening besides feeling like a do gooder busy body. but now that I see that he is classified as level 2 that scares me especially as I know that in his line of work he visits homes on a daily basis (am I halachically allowed to ruin his parnassah etc. when he may have done teshuvah? dont we accept hashem to forgive us when we ask, is there a remote possiblity that he has changed?)

Strudel

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 11:49 pm
OP PLEASE PLEASE contact Rabbi Cohen.

We must do everything to protect our kinderlach.

bubby

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 11:50 pm
This is why Rabbi Cohen is a good person to ask. He's a Posek & this is his area of expertise. Whatever you do you'll know it's done with Daas Torah.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 11:50 pm
I WILL IYH contact rabbi cohen first thing on monday morning (or tommorow if he is in)

I just feel upset that this happened on wednesday and I let it sit but I truly did not know who to call.

bubby

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 11:57 pm
Wanting to do the right thing gets you into trouble. I should know! shock shock This is why people don't get involved & stick up for victims of injustice &/or abuse. Good luck...let us know what Rabbi Cohen says.

greenfire

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 12:06 am
there are two issues ... the main one being we need to protect our children ...

if someone at work knows about him they could be keeping an eye on him in situations that warrant it ...

however he is a workman - and without a job his idle time would give him more to prey on the innocent ...

definitely seek the advice of someone knowledgeable ...

mimivan

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 12:30 am
that must be quite scary..
and it is even scarier to think that there are plenty walking around who are Not registered, not caught and we do not know anything about yet.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 12:52 am
off topic, but where in bp is there a playground with arcade games?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 12:52 am
off topic, but where in bp is there a playground with arcade games?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 12:54 am
uhhmmm indoor playground

yersp

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 12:59 am
sounds like a kids n action type of place.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 1:03 am
how can I see all the relations offenders?

sneakermom

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 1:03 am
Thank you so much for caring!

If we would all be like this we wouldn't have such an epidemic going on. We need to stand up to perversion and not be such wimps or ostriches about it.

What angers me is I think I know who you are talking about....he goes all over boro park everyday...and nobody has an issue with it! Why?
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics