Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Anyone try Pomegrante cake in this week's Hamodia Magazine?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

shlishka

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 4:03 pm
I made it with white sugar and white flour. It's brownish - not pink. It fit perfectly in my bundt pan. Don't see how it could make two. Hope it tastes good - spent $10 on a bottle of juice.
Did anyone make the glaze? How is it?

agh

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 10:15 pm
I made the cake today- didnt taste it- but I also had to bake it for about 50 minutes. I made the glaze thick-- not too much pomegrante juice and it came out a beautiful PINK color- so I iced the cake with it as opposed to glazeing it. Now I have this beautiful color pink cake- I just hope it tastes good!!!

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 10:17 pm
the glaze is pink and yummy...slightly tangy....brings out the more subtle flavor of the cake itself IMHO.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 10:02 am
Forwarding an email message from Tamar Ansh:

If you tried my recipes in last weeks' Hamodia (ie, Pomegranate cake) then write to them to say you liked it! It makes such a huge difference for me
magazine@hamodia.com

thank you so much!!
Tamar

MMEC123

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 11:42 am
We had the cake. Even though I used white sugar it was not pink. The cake itself is good (not overly special) but with the glaze it is very good.

MMEC123

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 11:43 am
FWIW- in that same magazine Tamar Ansh had a recipe for honey wine salmon which was EXCELLENT.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 12:18 pm
If you want lovely pink tint in the frosting/glaze, you can use beetroot instead of pomegranate juice. Cheaper and also one of the simanim...

shopaholic

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 12:52 pm
I had some of Bubby's & it was delicious. Not a very strong pomegranate taste though. Not sure if that is good or bad. It's a heavyish cake & I love that.

agh

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 10:20 pm
my cake was too heavy and not great. I dont think I will make it again- I will stick to my cakes that I know are great. But it did look pretty!

bubby

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 10:33 pm
Shopaholic, did you taste the salmon? It was amazing! I'm emailing the mag now.

cookie

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 10:18 am
I made this cake and it came out AWFUL !! what a waist of time and ingredients. Isn't 3-1/2 cups flour too much for a bundt?? it came out like lead and brown!! good thing I bought a snack size bottle of pom. juice for only $1.69 which was 100% juice. it sounded very good and easy- what went wrong?

bubby

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 10:30 am
Did you follow the directions? I found the layout of the instructions difficult to follow (& I messed up) as I kept losing the place as I prepared it. I think I'll have to re-type it in an easier-on-the-eye format.

I should have mentioned that when I emailed Hamodia. Confused

FraydaSue

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 10:38 am
Hi Isramom - I wish you would use ingredients that us here in Israel can get, with hechshers that we all use! I liked the pomegranite cake - but with 70% flour and brown sugar it definitely wasn't pink - and to be honest, other than the glaze, I couldn't taste the pomegranite. I'll make it next time with orange juice only.

Isramom8

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 2:35 pm
It's not me! It's my friend, Tamar Ansh. Any compliments you post to magazine@hamodia.com are helpful to her.

She doesn't have internet. I'll try to send all your comments, and post her replies here.

Isramom8

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 2:40 pm
Tamar also says that that the salmon is even better when marinated in that sauce a few hours prior to being baked.

Isramom8

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 3:49 pm
From Tamar Ansh:

Important to note that I didnt mean that it's a bright pink color, all cakes bake on the light golden brown side. I see it should have been worded "a pinkish hue" on the inside because it most definitely does. You can delete the orange juice and to c ut costs, use only the "spring" brand pomegranate "juice" and it has a very nice taste. If you want to make it somewhat pinker, you can use half pomegranate juice and the other half of the juice quantity you can use the red water left over from when you boil up fresh beets. If you do this, add another 1/4 cup of sugar to the cake when doing the sugar part

Tamar also emaled me that if you post a specific question, she will email me an answer that I can post.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 6:07 pm
Tamar Ansh's Sprinkle Cookie Sticks were the perfect recipe to add brightness and variety to our Shabbos desserts. Our busy household makes focusing on baking challenging. This recipe was simple and delicious. The rainbow sprinkles were a perfect presentation for Shabbos Parashas Noach!

bubby

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 6:35 pm
I made them too. They were delicious, simple but very cute. I bet they're very nice stuck in scoops of chocolate ice cream Wink

lamplighter

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 7:26 pm
Can someone post the recipe for the sprinkle cookie sticks? I'd love to bake them for my students!

sv9506

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 7:49 pm
Can someone post the salmpn recipe, please? TIA
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins