Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
I can stalk you
Previous  1  2

Isramom8

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 10:28 am
The images of Israel don't get nearly as close; that would be a serious security risk.

But if anyone saw the Chareidi film Hahitarvut, our old building in Yerushalayim appears - you can see our mirpeset in the film! Shouldn't they pay me?

Once the news was filming a protest about a frum school, and as I passed the camera crew, I told them it really isn't worth filming. To get me back, they filmed me walking away pushing my baby in her stroller, and my indignant back is what appeared on tv.

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 1:41 pm
well my tree that fell is still up ... so ... What

atlastamom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 1:48 pm
zillow.com

sky

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 3:29 pm
All views have terrain (I think), which is not updated regularly.

But some areas have Street View. Where you can actually walk up and down the street. From when I've used those it seems like they are completely up to date. but it is not available everywhere (it is not by my house, but it is by my parents house.) With street view each time you refresh you see the cars and people moving.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 6:16 pm
Google pays people to take pics of popular streets and landmarks, in an effort to clarify their vast database. Greenie.. where were you hiding till now.

If you want to know your house's history, type in the full address in google until after the zip code. You will come to the site that shows you free who built it, which year, all the owners, foreclosures, everything!

smilingmom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 7:14 pm
I googled my name (it is unusual) and found out interesting facts about me. 413 links!!!
I also always google prospective shidduchim. It is so informative.

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 7:23 pm
wow I'm a singer of sunshine, a nurse, from london, a realtor, a commisioner ... the beat goes on ...

octopus

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 7:55 pm
I once had to drive somewhere that I was unfamiliar with. The night before, I virtually drove to the place using google maps so that I wouldn't have any surprises. pretty cool.

GAMZu

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 9:14 pm
Yes, I love Google street view!
I use it to check out the blocks around my destination so I should be somewhat familiar with them when I go.

My house's image on Google is from 2 years ago. The 18th Ave park is a barren wasteland. That's what it was a couple of months ago. I wonder if they updated.

My kids love to "walk" around our neighborhood through the maps. We go from our house to all the parks, friends' houses, etc. Fun!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 4:27 am
For some reason Google map always misplaces my building...

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 4:55 am
well last year our hood didn't come up ... this year it does but still misses a block around the corner ...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics