Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken layered w/ Pastrami and Mashed Potatoes
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Mar 26 2011, 5:23 pm
me too !!!

MuppetLover

Post Sat, Mar 26 2011, 11:38 pm
me too! I found this a few weeks ago and its quickly become a favorite amongst all of us. AND, we have a lot of bocherim that eat by us during the week and they ALSO love it! Which is great bc it takes all of 5 minutes to make!

Jstar

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 5:34 pm
I just made this tonight and it was super yum, a hit with everyone at dinner. here were my changes - dipped chicken in bbq sauce, then panko crumbs. baked for 30 minutes at 375, then added mashed potato mixture and pastrami on top of that, baked another half hour. the pastrami got really crispy and was a nice texture contrast to the softness of everything else. thank you defy!

questioner

Post Fri, Sep 23 2011, 9:24 am
Can this be frozen?

tb

Post Wed, Oct 05 2011, 10:35 am
I just gave my sister this recipe to try out. But I did warn her first - I'm only up to page 3 so the recipe might change between then and page 8....

saralea

Post Wed, Oct 05 2011, 12:46 pm
tb, that's really funny!
Defy, thanks for this recipe! Its one of our favorites!

Peek-a-boo

Post Sun, Oct 16 2011, 7:16 am
Just saw this and would love to try it... does anyone know if they sell pastrami in Israel and what it's called here??

mimishkl

Post Sun, Oct 16 2011, 3:21 pm
I made it for yom tov, I added mushroom sauce ontop. It was heaven! thank you

Happy 2B

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 5:21 pm
Made this last night for the second time. Used the first post in the thread (the original recipe) It was so good just thought I'd comment to say so so in case anyone hasn't tried it they can Smile

Yummy Yummmm Yummm!

Thanx Defy!

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 6:09 pm
Did something similar once, heaven!
Wanna try this just have a ques:
After chicken was already baked, do you add the cooked mashed potatoes then, and bake some more?
Doesn't the chicken dry out?

Simple1

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 6:42 pm
It's been a while, I made it Sukkos. I dipped chicken in a mixture of mayo and egg, and then in flavored bread crumbs and baked on a greased pan for about 20 minutes. Then I layered the rest - duck sauce, pastrami and potato and baked again. I found that the potato mixture kept the chicken moist. It was really good - and something different than the usual - thanks Defy!

Another tip - if you cut the pastrami in smaller pieces, it's easier to serve.

Happy 2B

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 3:59 pm
IMHopinion wrote:
Did something similar once, heaven!
Wanna try this just have a ques:
After chicken was already baked, do you add the cooked mashed potatoes then, and bake some more?
Doesn't the chicken dry out?

my chicken was raw and not dipped in anything as I did the orignal recipe. The first post. Comes out wet not dried out.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey