Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Glee!! anyone watch it?
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 10:18 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I cried through most of the episode.

(this is sooooo not appropriate for teens anymore. I'm glad my child's Occupational Therapist decided after last week's rocky horror not to let her teens watch anymore.)

btw I'm watching Season1 now - I found a facebook page with all the vids uploaded - and the show was MILES MILES better last season though.

(SweetVAlley: that line made me roll my eyes actually - kosher meals? is that the only thing he keeps? what about all the other nutso things he does that gets him into trouble, is that Jewish? LOL)
After every episode, I say Season 1 was soooo mch better. Its becoming really disgusting.

Thats what I found so funny since he doesnt keep anything and he is into his kosher food.

I know im going to continue watching even tho its getting worse. I still like the show.

Im happy other pple are getting more solos. Puck has a great voice. Loved when he sang Sweet Caroline so I was happy to hear him more. I like Santanas voice too. Maybe she will get another a solo soon.

slushiemom

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 12:21 pm
LOVED LOVED LOVED this episode!! The songs were so awesome and I'm so happy puck is back... Mohawk and all Smile IMO he and Artie have the best voices out of all the guys so I was thrilled that they had a duet.

Yay I love glee!!

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 1:40 pm
slushiemom wrote:
LOVED LOVED LOVED this episode!! The songs were so awesome and I'm so happy puck is back... Mohawk and all Smile IMO he and Artie have the best voices out of all the guys so I was thrilled that they had a duet.

Yay I love glee!!
Btw, slushimom, is that your name bec u used to get slushied in school like the glee club members?!?! Twisted Evil LOL

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 1:59 pm
It's disturbing to watch what is probably a quite accurate portrayal of today's public high school. how is all that bullying not addressed? How did Will tell Kurt "usually you let all that slide" instead of calling Karofsky into the principal's office for his constant assaulting? and how is the constant slushying tolerated? How is bullying never addressed in this school?

And dont get me started on the whole hysterical pregnancy storyline from last season - Will NEVER saw his wife stomach the entire time? how did she hide the fact that she was getting her period again for months? how was she going to fake giving birth? Shaking my head here.

chanala

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 2:00 pm
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
slushiemom wrote:

Yay I love glee!!
Btw, slushimom, is that your name bec u used to get slushied in school like the glee club members?!?! Twisted Evil LOL

Rolling Laughter Thumbs Up

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 3:36 pm
The guys' mash-up was worlds better than the girls'.

cookiemilk

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 3:42 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
It's disturbing to watch what is probably a quite accurate portrayal of today's public high school. how is all that bullying not addressed? How did Will tell Kurt "usually you let all that slide" instead of calling Karofsky into the principal's office for his constant assaulting? and how is the constant slushying tolerated? How is bullying never addressed in this school?

And dont get me started on the whole hysterical pregnancy storyline from last season - Will NEVER saw his wife stomach the entire time? how did she hide the fact that she was getting her period again for months? how was she going to fake giving birth? Shaking my head here.

I think that was when they lost me. I am all for fun fantasy but this story line kinda insulted reasonable intelligence. So I stopped watching even though anyone can tell you that its supposed to be so campy and kitchy that its like an insider joke on the viewers.
Maybe I kinda need to find my sense of humor or maybe they really are of the opinion that we are all idiots and would do anything and put up with anything to hear some high school teenagers bust into showtunes at the flick of a finger.
Now I am into Parenthood and Modern Family.

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 3:45 pm
cookiemilk wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

I think that was when they lost me. I am all for fun fantasy but this story line kinda insulted reasonable intelligence. So I stopped watching even though anyone can tell you that its supposed to be so campy and kitchy that its like an insider joke on the viewers.
Maybe I kinda need to find my sense of humor or maybe they really are of the opinion that we are all idiots and would do anything and put up with anything to hear some high school teenagers bust into showtunes at the flick of a finger.
Now I am into Parenthood and Modern Family.

IMO, I think it's portraying what's wrong in the schools perfectly.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gay-t.....88128

QUEENY

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 4:22 pm
Loooooooved this episode! Teenage dream was my favorite performance. GO Kurt!!!

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 5:35 pm
by the way, the guy playing Blaine has been signed on for a recurring cast member this season and a series regular for season 3. also, it's worth looking up on youtube "A Very Potter Musical," - this guy is amazing.

Spoiler alert:

Hidden: 

Kurt transfers to Blaine's school within the next few episode. I dont know how theyre going to write it into the show.

anon

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 10:11 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

As yeshesettler pointed out, there has been a LOT of publicity recently in the media regarding a disturbing amount of teenage suicides due to bullying. Often, being gay, or being THOUGHT to be gay, is at the root of the bullying.

While I'm not "pro-gay", I do find it to be yet another poor reflection on humanity that homosexuals are abused like this.

slushiemom

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 2:27 am
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
slushiemom wrote:

Yay I love glee!!

Haha! Smile no, we have a slushy machine and used to sell slushies and ice coffees to all the kiddies and moms on the block...

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 9:17 am
Mama Bear wrote:
by the way, the guy playing Blaine has been signed on for a recurring cast member this season and a series regular for season 3. also, it's worth looking up on youtube "A Very Potter Musical," - this guy is amazing.

Spoiler alert:

Hidden: 

Kurt transfers to Blaine's school within the next few episode. I dont know how theyre going to write it into the show.
btw, is Blaines school competing in Sectionals? Is that one of the schools Will mentioned? I cant remember correctly.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 9:24 am
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

Spoiler alert:

Hidden: 

btw, is Blaines school competing in Sectionals? Is that one of the schools Will mentioned? I cant remember correctly.

Yes, they are.

Shkoyach

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 11:42 am
AHH!! Fellow GLEEkers!! This is exciting Smile
It was so hard to find a site to watch it on in Israel, we dont have a TV and Hulu.com doesnt work outside of america.. so for anyone else struggling like me, cucirca.com works!! You can watch all and any shows on it.. im a glee and vampire diaries fanatic!!

And as much as I do not promote homosexuality, (even thou I think all gay men are fun!!) I really want to see Kurt happy!

artikidove

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 12:54 pm
The latest episode was UH MAY ZING!
I love the music and I abused the replay button on youtube listening to teenage dream.
Anyone else obsessed with modern family as well? That and raising hope are my two all time favorite shows!

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 1:02 pm
artikidove wrote:
I love the music and I abused the replay button on youtube listening to teenage dream.
Anyone else obsessed with modern family as well? That and raising hope are my two all time favorite shows!
For Modern Family, if I never watched it will I follow with whats going on if I start now? What season is it up to?

chanala

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 3:44 pm
artikidove wrote:

I have to say, I had never heard Teenage Dream before and I was horrified at the lyrics.

I can't believe what passes for secular entertainment these days...

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 5:30 pm
ch131.com has episodes up the night theyre aired.
I heard Teenage Dream once before on a SNL clip on hulu, and yeah, it's pretty racy. Ick.
SweetValleyGal, I couldnt get into Modern Family, I tried. It's too cliched for me. Raising Hope is really something different. It's hilarious and heartwarming. Plus - baby hope??? I want to reach through the screen and eat her up!!!
I got into "Community" lately, it's a very smart, sharp, lightning-fast comedy that takes place in a Community College. (Thursday 8 NBC)

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 6:56 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
ch131.com has episodes up the night theyre aired.
I heard Teenage Dream once before on a SNL clip on hulu, and yeah, it's pretty racy. Ick.
SweetValleyGal, I couldnt get into Modern Family, I tried. It's too cliched for me. Raising Hope is really something different. It's hilarious and heartwarming. Plus - baby hope??? I want to reach through the screen and eat her up!!!
I got into "Community" lately, it's a very smart, sharp, lightning-fast comedy that takes place in a Community College. (Thursday 8 NBC)
Raising hope comes on right after Glee, doesnt it?

I watched the first episode and it wasnt really good... I guess I have to get more into it.....

Community sounds good. never heard of it though... ill do my research!
Page 8 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics