Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Glee!! anyone watch it?
  Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 10:28 am
ClaRivka wrote:
Thank gd mr shu found out his wife isnt pregnant!

I know!!!!! I was getting so angry that he hadn't figured it out!!!!!! I'm so glad he finally caught her!

oodlesofnoodles

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 7:57 am
I finally watched last week's episode (after reading your spoiler Smile ) and the scene that he found out was very dramatic- I thought will's acting was amazing!! I was holding my breath when he was all upset and when he ripped off the "stomach"
I read on hulu that the show is taking a break until April because of American Idol!! I bet they are going to leave us with a real clliffhanger!!

Earnest

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 12:57 pm
OK So Puck is Jewish (figures. handsome and has 'presence'. Finn is a suprise Jew (like Capt. Kirk aka william shatner) What are the ethnicities of the other actors (aside from mr. figgins) 'What' is the actress playing sue sylvester? Is 'shue' really Jewish? Thanks, imamothers.

fmt4

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 1:58 pm
Actually "Finn" is most definitely not Jewish, and I don't think "Puck" is either. I don't know why anyone thinks that, I did a search on google and absolutely nothing came up. And the actress who plays Rachel is the wrong half Jewish.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 2:00 pm
There was an article about the guy that plays Puck in the Baltimore Jewish Times, and in the article it never said that he's actually Jewish.

oodlesofnoodles

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 7:12 am
Defy Gravity- love your screenname- Defying Gravity is one of my favorite songs on Glee Smile
(Totally unrelated to the "Is s/he Jewish discussion)

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 9:00 am
Darn this thread... It made me curious and I watched episodes on hulu. I am hooked. Its good, funny, dramatic, the music is amazing.

It reminds me a little of the show Fame which was on when I was a child.

I have also been playing the songs on youtube while working in the kitchen.

MiamiMommy

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 10:11 am
I love Glee. . . . wish the season wasn't over!

bluesclues

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 10:46 am
the guy with the big hair that went to sectionals in place of finn is jewish hes from teaneck nj

pobody's nerfect

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 10:50 am
ok, I looked up on wikipedia-

IRL, Lea Michele (Rachel Berry) is not jewish, but her father is. Her real last name is Sarfati. Sad.

Jessalyn Gilsig (Terry Scheuster) is also non-jewish but has a jewish father. She had a 'traditional jewish wedding.' Again, sad.

Dianna Agron (Quinne Fabray) is Jewish, presumably fully.

I find it interesting that they've made so many characters on the show jewish. But I guess they're just very into minorities- they include black, oriental, jewish, disabled, pregnant and gay! are there any hispanics?

pobody's nerfect

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 10:52 am
cool, blues clues! he definitely seems jewish. wikipedia says his real name is Josh Sussman! Do you know if his family is at all observant?

fmt4

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 11:04 am
pobody's nerfect wrote:
ok, I looked up on wikipedia-

IRL, Lea Michele (Rachel Berry) is not jewish, but her father is. Her real last name is Sarfati. Sad.

Jessalyn Gilsig (Terry Scheuster) is also non-jewish but has a jewish father. She had a 'traditional jewish wedding.' Again, sad.

Dianna Agron (Quinne Fabray) is Jewish, presumably fully.

I find it interesting that they've made so many characters on the show jewish. But I guess they're just very into minorities- they include black, oriental, jewish, disabled, pregnant and gay! are there any hispanics?

I found this in an article on jvibe:
"The daughter of an Italian-Catholic mom and Spanish-Sephardic Jewish father, Lea was raised with both religions, though she didn’t attend Hebrew school or have a bat mitzvah. “I want to learn how to make latkes,” she says, also confiding that despite her success onstage, she was told she’d never make it in TV “because I looked too ethnic, too Jewish. So to have the opportunity to be in this is so amazing.”

Dianna, whose mother converted to Judaism before marrying her Jewish father, is quite connected to the spiritual and traditional aspects of her faith. “I went to Sunday school, Hebrew school and a Jewish [day school] through third grade. My brother and I loved everything about Hanukkah and Passover and all the food,” she remembers, noting that she loves entertaining family and friends with her mom’s recipes for traditional dishes like kugel. She has fond memories of her bat mitzvah and looks forward to celebrating other family milestones. “We’re so scattered, so bar mitzvahs and weddings are the times we come together,” she explains, adding that she also hopes to visit Israel."

So unless Dianna's mom converted orthodox, she isn't really Jewish. It's funny how both are half Jewish but Lea looks sooooo Jewish and Dianna looks so not.

BTW Santana is Hispanic I think.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 11:07 am
pobody's nerfect wrote:
cool, blues clues! he definitely seems jewish. wikipedia says his real name is Josh Sussman! Do you know if his family is at all observant?

His brother is frum.

pobody's nerfect

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 11:18 am
thanks, fmt4. there are more minorities I forgot about- Principal Figgins is pakistani, and Rachel lives with her 2 gay dads (wiki says they are interracial, but I dont think we've ever seen them). Finn also lives in a single-parent home.
Additionally, they included the deaf choir, April Rhodes' alcoholism, the new Cheerio with Down Syndrome and Sue Sylvester's sister who also has Downs, Emma's fear of germs (OCD?)...anything else? I think they've done a pretty good job of including lots of real-life issues and not making fun of them as they do in many other comedy shows.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 11:26 am
They showed Rachel's fathers in the first episode. IIRC.

fmt4

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 11:34 am
Ya but they only showed them in a picture. I find it weird that we've seen all the other major characters parents except hers. Why didn't they come watch her at sectionals? Also, how exactly is she Jewish? The woman who's egg they used is Jewish? Lol. The whole two gay dads adopting a kid is a bit confusing.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 11:38 am
I don't find it weird at all. There's really no reason to show any of the other parents. They have very little impact on the plot.

fmt4

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 11:41 am
That's my point. I find it weird that they have nothing to do with the plot. It's very unrealistic that Rachel's dads, who taught her to be the "star" that she is, would be completely uninterested in any of her activities.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 12:16 pm
It's a TV show, they don't have an unlimited budget for actors. And also, I don't think it would add to the plot to have them around.

pobody's nerfect

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 1:21 pm
hmm I just realized that artie's last name is abrams. and tina's is cohen-chang. sounds like they're all jewish!
Page 2 of 11   Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next Recent Topics