Where can I change a diaper in Bklyn- Ave J or 18th Ave Area
Previous  1, 2

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Report offensive ad

Shalshelet

Post Posted: Mon, Mar 30 2009, 9:25 pm       Post subject:
Mama Bear wrote:
on a totally other note,shalshelet, you get kudos for coming on a train, shopping in brooklyn all totally with a baby in a wrap... doesnt your back get tired? can you truly shop with a baby dangling from yu? what if you want to put the baby down for some reason... wow, I cannot shop with a baby attached to me.

Nah, as long as I'm wearing it correctly, I don't feel any strain on my back. Its funny, b/c once I ended up carrying her in my arms for like 20 minutes without the wrap, and boy did my arms hurt!!! Banging head

If I ever would need to put the baby down, I'd see if someone would be available to hold her for a couple of minutes (or less likely, if I bring a small blanket, could also lie her down on the floor).

It's actually quite nice for her as well, as she's closer to most people's eye level and has a better view of what's going on.

Shalshelet

Post Posted: Mon, Mar 30 2009, 9:28 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Where can I change a diaper in Bklyn- Ave J or 18th
Kay wrote:
The library on J and 16th has changing diaper station.

Thanks! That'll come in very handy.

octopus wrote:
Even if you use the changing station in the library, bring a towel or mat. The bathrooms can be pretty disgusting.

Thanks, yes. I don't trust the cleanest of public bathrooms either.

SomebodyElse

Post Posted: Mon, Mar 30 2009, 10:02 pm       Post subject: re: Where can I change a diaper in Bklyn- Ave J or 18th Ave
I can't help with specifics, but when I'm out I look for big clothing stores and do changings/feedings in a fitting room.

Shalshelet

Post Posted: Mon, Mar 30 2009, 10:23 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Where can I change a diaper in Bklyn- Ave J or 18th
SomebodyElse wrote:
I can't help with specifics, but when I'm out I look for big clothing stores and do changings/feedings in a fitting room.

Thanks! The first time I ever went out with my dd (needed to get her a dress for a family simcha), she was like 1 month at the time, I ended up in Daffy's and ended up doing exactly as you wrote there! There were no curtains, just a big open area with lots of mirrors (B"H I found a spot that was not near a mirror, and no one else had come in - they had opened the fitting room just so that I could try some outfits on my little one). I wasn't expecting it to be a whole to-do until I had to go through everything there! Shocked I learned quickly.

SingALong

Post Posted: Mon, Mar 30 2009, 10:56 pm       Post subject:
j2 pizza store on j and 12th or 13th definitely has a bathroom, dont know about a changing table.

KD on j and 14th also has a bathroom, not sure about a changing table.

Mama Bear

Post Posted: Mon, Mar 30 2009, 11:46 pm       Post subject:
I cant believe I didnt think of this!!!

Most pediatricians have a changing table in the bathroom. Try to find a large medical center or pediatrician's office. Tha'ts waht I do when I'm stuck out on the street. of course it's my pediatriican, but I doubt anyone would say anything to you if you walked into a large medical center and used the bathroom in the pediatric dept.

Shalshelet

Post Posted: Mon, Mar 30 2009, 11:55 pm       Post subject: re: Where can I change a diaper in Bklyn- Ave J or 18th Ave
Thanks Mama Bear. I don't recall any medical/pediatrician offices when I have been to Bklyn (was eyeing the shop wares instead Shocked ). In my mind, they are not close to the shopping areas. I don't really know bklyn that well to be able to say, "ok, time for a diaper change, let's see, I'm on 18th, and I know that there's a medical bldg a few blocks over." But thanks for thinking. It's really a good tip - if only I knew the area a bit better. Confused
View previous topic :: View next topic

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2