Home

Liver crepes recipe???

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Report offensive ad

bubby

Post Posted: Sat, Apr 04 2009, 10:35 pm       Post subject: Liver crepes recipe???
I know sarahd has it on her menu, & I would love the recipe (sarahd, I pm'd you but you never opened it Sad ) Maybe she's too busy cooking & cleaning! Wink Anyway, if anyone has the recipe, please share.

Can crepes (inc. liver, chopped meat or veggie) be frozen? And does anyone have a "gravy"/sauce that doesn't use anything like garlic, shrooms, pepper etc?

Many TIA!

cookielady

Post Posted: Sat, Apr 04 2009, 10:44 pm       Post subject: re: Liver crepes recipe???
I once tried to be very efficient and made a whole bunch of "crepe" skins. When I thawed them, they tasted awful.

bubby

Post Posted: Sun, Apr 05 2009, 12:19 am       Post subject: re: Liver crepes recipe???
I spoke to shopaholic & she reminded me we freeze blintzes (Shavuos... my fave YT, new thread???) So why would they be a problem, cookielady?

Still no recipe for liver crepes???

solo

Post Posted: Sun, Apr 05 2009, 2:24 pm       Post subject: re: Liver crepes recipe???
recipe for liver crepes:
slice onion thinly (I use 3 per package of liver)and add to frying pan with oil to coat
sprinkle with 3 tsp salt, 4 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp pepper
when onions are translucent add peices of broiled liver to pan (I like to cut off any parts that seem to burned)
and saute 3-5 min longer, until heated through.
taste and adjust seasoning.

as far as freezing:
pesach lukshen/ crepes taste fine frozen but they become a bit stiff and tear eaily.
for lukshen I freeze them as crepes and slice once they've defrosted. they taste delicious in soup and no one will know
for crepes I find they taste fine frozen but they get a bit tough when defrosted so fill them first or ull have a hard time doing so later.
I personally find that liver gets a sandy texture from freezing and dont like to do it but I know lots of people who do.
liver crepes is something I would not prepare in advance for these reasons

#1cook

Post Posted: Sun, Apr 05 2009, 4:50 pm       Post subject: re: Liver crepes recipe???
I freeze my blintzes every year and they do not become stiff once defrosted what I do to freshen them up I spray a non-stick pan with oil spray and heat each blintz 1 min on one side no need to do both sides then I fill with potatoes and roll up then I bake them for about 1/2 hour they are so good no matter how many I make they are all gone Very Happy

cookielady

Post Posted: Sun, Apr 05 2009, 5:36 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Liver crepes recipe???
bubby wrote:
I spoke to shopaholic & she reminded me we freeze blintzes (Shavuos... my fave YT, new thread???) So why would they be a problem, cookielady?

Still no recipe for liver crepes???

Me too bubby, but the chometz ones freeze well, I found the pesach ones were yuck.

solo

Post Posted: Sun, Apr 05 2009, 5:43 pm       Post subject: re: Liver crepes recipe???
im with cookielady on this one the pesach crepes r not the same frozen.
also reheating them definitely makes them easier to work with
but they only take aprox 2 min to make so its not worth my while to make them freeze and then spend almost as long reheating so I can fill them.
also what do u use to fill them with?
View previous topic :: View next topic

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 1 of 1