Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
My face is melting

ClaRivka

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 4:47 pm
What does eveyone do in the summer?
I cant wear foundation bc it literally melts the seond I get outside!

What can I do??

tziganka

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 4:50 pm
Get bare minerals powder. If you have very oily skin it will be good for you since it will absorb the oil but still give you that perfect foundation coverage.

Good Luck

OOTBubby

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 4:50 pm
I use a makeup finishing spray made by Skindivea (sp?). I buy it online at skinstore.com. It's not cheap though but works very well.

ClaRivka

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 5:23 pm
I bought that mineral powder stuff awhile ago but never used it cuz I am too impatient to mix them and find my right color. I dont trust myself with these things..

Maya

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 5:42 pm
I bought what they call a skin perfecting gel. A thin serum that's perfect for the summer. Not cheap though.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 5:46 pm
ClaRivka wrote:
I bought that mineral powder stuff awhile ago but never used it cuz I am too impatient to mix them and find my right color. I dont trust myself with these things..

Take it back to the store you bought it form and ask them how to use it. Or go to a makeup person.

realeez

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 6:01 pm
ClaRivka wrote:

Not all brands have to be mixed by the customer. Bare Escentuals has a bunch of colour and you pick the closest one. You only have to mix it if you can't get the right shade among their selection.

ClaRivka

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 6:30 pm
realeez wrote:
ClaRivka wrote:

Not all brands have to be mixed by the customer. Bare Escentuals has a bunch of colour and you pick the closest one. You only have to mix it if you can't get the right shade among their selection.

yea I have bare essentials, bouht it from bed bath and beyond

realeez

Post Sat, May 09 2009, 9:29 pm
ClaRivka wrote:
realeez wrote:
ClaRivka wrote:

yea I have bare essentials, bouht it from bed bath and beyond

The one I am talking about is spelled as Escentuals - and I really don't think they are sold at stores aside from their own, sephora, and ulta as well as some small spas.
http://www.sephora.com/brands/.....jhtml
but, you may want to try their setting powder (or another brand) on top of your foundation to absorb moisture.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, May 09 2009, 9:32 pm
ClaRivka, don't you have a particularly geshikt friend who would help you with a makeup lesson ?

ClaRivka

Post Sat, May 09 2009, 10:11 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
ClaRivka, don't you have a particularly geshikt friend who would help you with a makeup lesson ?

no not really, were all more interested in how to grow bruchniyus, we never really cared abt gashmius..

Maya

Post Sat, May 09 2009, 11:00 pm
ClaRivka wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:

no not really, were all more interested in how to grow bruchniyus, we never really cared abt gashmius..

I don't see how one would affect the other.

ra_mom

Post Sat, May 09 2009, 11:10 pm
I use Prescriptives Virtual Matte foundation, and it's wonderful! I also use powder on top of the base, to set it in.
On Shabbos morning, I use Neutrogena oil blotting sheets, to soak up the sheen that I wake up with.

tziganka

Post Sun, May 10 2009, 11:55 am
ClaRivka wrote:

You're thinking of another brand... I know what you're talking about but I just can't remember the name of it right now.

Bare Minerals comes pre-mixed and it's excellent!

Just make sure you know how to use a kabbuki brush before you leave the store.

faigie

Post Sun, May 10 2009, 6:44 pm
..........my brand doesnt wear off easily,,,,,, and is ok for shabbos from rb blumenkrantz.........
it can be used to "set" ur "custom blended foundation" so that it wont melt away.... or just on its own.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics