Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Wanted to share- take a look
Previous  1  2

mandksima

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 1:13 am
Seraph wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:
I'm just curious, how do male chickens fertilize eggs?
They have relations. That is why its not a good idea to keep a rooster around female chickens- the males constantly want relations and the females go bald at the back from it all.

Thanks for the visual. LOL

And who says they don't want it too???

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 6:44 am
Seraph wrote:
Yes, I've forgotten to feed the chicken sometimes and that is when Houdini the escape artist escapes to look for more food.
I generally give enough food for it to last, so the chicken is never wthout food, just with less.
Fish is my husbands job- they can easily go for 2 weeks without food, so they dont need to be fed every morning. Uusally they're fed every afternoon/evening.
The bird has enough food in its cage to last a week or so.
Turtles are new, but so far I've been remembering.

Escape artist? Huh?
What do you feed the animals? Same food for all?

I love animals. The only animals I see around are birds and cats . I can stand and watch them for hours.

Seraph

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 7:14 am
MeThinks wrote:
Seraph wrote:
Yes, I've forgotten to feed the chicken sometimes and that is when Houdini the escape artist escapes to look for more food.
I generally give enough food for it to last, so the chicken is never wthout food, just with less.
Fish is my husbands job- they can easily go for 2 weeks without food, so they dont need to be fed every morning. Uusally they're fed every afternoon/evening.
The bird has enough food in its cage to last a week or so.
Turtles are new, but so far I've been remembering.

Escape artist? Huh?
What do you feed the animals? Same food for all?

I love animals. The only animals I see around are birds and cats . I can stand and watch them for hours.

Chickens get a mix of lots of different grains/seeds that I made myself. Turtles get vegetables. Fish get fish food. Bird gets birdseed.
Escape artist meaning I have one chicken that escaped from the coop more times that I could count. We named her houdini, after the great escape artist. She'd escape when I forgot to feed them, or when the food got eaten up and she wanted more.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics