Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Looking for pareve ice cream recipe

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 26 2009, 4:30 pm
With some criteria:
No raw eggs. I used to be able to get eggs pasteurized in the shell but the local distributor doesn't carry them anymore.
No nuts.
Doesn't require an ice cream maker.

I'd like to make three layer ice cream. Thanks!

P.S. I did just remember a recipe in an old Betty Crocker that might work. If I try it I'll let you all know but I would love any tried and true easier recipes. Thanks again.

pinchanygo

Post Tue, May 26 2009, 4:41 pm
Bring 1 1/2 cup sugar & 1 c. water to a boil. let it boil rapidly for 5 minutes. in the mean time start beating 2 egg whites. slowly pour the boiling sugar syrup into the egg whites. Beat for 10 minutes (this cooks the egg whites) add 2 cups of liquid or pureed fruit. for example to make chocolate ice cream add disolve 1/4 c cocoa in enough water to make 2 cups and slowly add to egg white mixture (after 10 min). you can either put in ice cream maker or just pour into pan and freeze. it is a very smooth and creamy texture. You can make layers for instence I made layer of mango on the bottom and strawberry on top. or I have made a layer of peppermint on bottom and chocolate on top.

enjoy. let me know if you have any questions.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 11:10 am
Thanks! I used your recipe for a three layered thingy, inspired by Susie Fishbein, what my daughter calls squash, mayo, chrain, I.e. mango sorbet, vanilla ice cream, and strawberry or some red sorbet. I made them all myself and used your recipe for the mango. It was fantastic! I'd wanted to do a standard neopolitan but couldn't get the pasteurized raw eggs so I went back to my original plan. I made them for maybe half the cost of buying the sorbets and ice cream. I'm definitely saving your recipe for future reference.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 25 2009, 6:13 pm
Thanks again. I finally copied it over, it's going into my notebook and I'm about to try it with strawberries.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics