Home

Babka vs. Kokosh recipes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

mugsisme

Post Posted: Fri, Jul 10 2009, 12:21 am       Post subject: Babka vs. Kokosh recipes?
I made the recipe in the cookbook, A Taste of Challah. Everyone loved it, but I didn't think it was like the Reisman's babka at all. I have the Spice and Spirit cookbook, and there is a kokosh recipe and a babka recipe. I have searched here for what you ladies have said about it, but I can't seem to find the thread where someone tells the DIFFERENCE between babka and kokosh. Please, can someone enlighten me, and does anyone have a recipe that comes out similar to the Reisman's babka? Not dry but not yeasty, doughy?

cookielady

Post Posted: Fri, Jul 10 2009, 12:23 am       Post subject: re: Babka vs. Kokosh recipes?
Wouldn't koskosh be the long strips and a bobka, twisted up in a loaf with a crumb topping?

Mine are hit or miss, but I'm sure there are pros out there.

mugsisme

Post Posted: Fri, Jul 10 2009, 12:28 am       Post subject: re: Babka vs. Kokosh recipes?
Ok, so it IS the babka recipe I want. Darn. I found someone had a kokosh recipe here that they said was yummy.

Rochelro

Post Posted: Wed, Jul 29 2009, 7:44 pm       Post subject: re: Babka vs. Kokosh recipes?
Which one is more chocolatey? Cocosh or babka? Or is it the same thing?
And is either one more full proof for someone who is making it for the first time?
What do all you balabustas out there recommend?

chocolate moose

Post Posted: Wed, Jul 29 2009, 8:42 pm       Post subject:
Haven't we discussed this before? Who can bump up the discussion?
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Page 1 of 1