Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Meridia for weight loss
Previous  1  2  3

Yocheved

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 11:04 am
I was shocked to find at my weigh in yesterday that I had lost a total of 10.4 pounds in 5 weeks, 3.4 pounds just in the past week. The leader gave me a prize ribbon! I have to say I was quite farklempt. When you are very overweight, it takes quite a while to really notice the loss, but as they say, the scale does not lie, not only when gaining but also when losing! I feel motivated and in control. For everyone trying to lose weight, just stick with it-only a pound lost each week is better than a pound gained.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 11:08 am
Yocheved, good for you! That's incredible!

Chani

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 12:42 pm
Fantastic!!! I'm at 9.2 lbs over the last 5 weeks. (90.8 to go...)

Yocheved

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 12:53 pm
Great Chani! Our mutual success will help boost each other to more success.

Chani

Post Wed, Mar 01 2006, 9:48 pm
Wondering how the week went for everybody... I had a GI virus which kept me in bed drinking ginger ale and eating nothing for two days. Ended up being great for the weigh in but I'm sure it's mostly water and will come right back. So, I'm a smidge under the 15 lb. mark now.

Chani

Post Wed, Mar 01 2006, 9:49 pm
Oh, and of all things I got PINKEYE today! I feel like a 6 year old! Very Happy

cindy324

Post Wed, Mar 01 2006, 11:24 pm
Quote:
Oh, and of all things I got PINKEYE today! I feel like a 6 year old! Very Happy

Well, then my 6 year old sympathizes with you, she stayed home from school with pinkeye today, too. I gotta go scrub my hands again, no way I'm catching that from her...

Yocheved

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 5:31 pm
Refuah sheleima to you Chani! I was also sick with a horrible cold for three weeks but I am finally back to normal (or close to it.) I lost 2lb. this week, nearly 13lb. altogether. I find it difficult over shabbos to track my intake since I can't write it down, plus, the food I cook for the family is not always so Weight Watchers friendly. I try to be careful but it's really a minefield! Does anyone have any good suggestions or recipe ideas that I can incorporate into shabbbos that will make "Weight Watching" easier?

Chani

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 11:27 pm
I struggle with the shabbos food also. I tried out a low fat potato kugel a couple of weeks ago, but it was just awful! On the other hand, I took a regular apple kugel recipe and use about 1/3 of the sugar that the recipe called for, and it came out great! I guess it's a little bit trial and error.

Shabbos dessert has been angel food cake for the most part. The kids like it, and it isn't very many points. I also try to make a pan of brownies or some cookies or something extra for my DH.

A chicken recipe that reheats well: Use equal parts fat free mayonnaise and dijon mustard with a dash of red pepper as a marinade for boneless, skinless chicken breasts, then grill or broil. (I use the george Foreman.)

I find that I'm basically making two dinners at night - one for the adults and one for the kids. I have 4 of the world's pickiest eaters.

Glad you're feeling better, Yocheved.

Tefila

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 1:02 am
Sevensenses b/4 you decide to finally please look at all side effects associated with it. Incl terrible smelling bowls that happend to someone I know.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 2:47 am
Tefila, I don't think that would stop me from doing it..
It was a hard desicion to make and I made it after a long time debating with myself..
it's harder then I thought though. I hate all this running around from dr to dr. getting approved..
I don't even know yet if my insurance will cover it.
I finally found a dr that accepts my insurance but he told me that they usually don't cover lap band. I'm trying to reach my insurance but so far I'm not having any luck...

Yocheved

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 1:27 pm
Thanks for the recipe idea Chani. I will try it. I use salsa a lot. 0 points! I put it on the chicken breast near the end of broiling, and I bake salmon filets with it on top. It adds a lot of flavour, no fat and no points.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise