Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Is this a good deal?they want 200 dollars for the lot?

hinda

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 11:08 am
THESE ARE ALL IN PERFECT CONDITION - ONE YEAR OLD ONLY
Baby Trend Double Snap N Go Stroller - Graco SnugRide Infant Car Seat - Giselle - 4 bases to go with car seats

The Baby Trend Double Snap N Go Stroller allows parents to place two infant car seats on carriage frame without removing child. It's a convenient alternative to a conventional carriage or stroller because it fits most major brand car seats, folds compactly for storage or travel with one hand fold and features and extra large storage basket.

Graco SnugRide Infant Car Seat - Giselle
of use by leading consumer magazines, it's no wonder that the SnugRide is America's favorite infant car seat. Equipped with a 5-point harness, an ergonomic carrying handle, a stay-in-car base, a canopy, and an infant head rest for added comfort and support, this SnugRide infant car seat will serve you and your baby well from the time you bring your little one home from the hospital till the day he or she reach 22 lbs and is ready to move up to a Graco convertible car seat. In addition to the standard features of our SnugRides this model is also outfitted with a cold weather boot for extra warmth on chilly days. And for your convenience, the harness straps adjust in the front to make it even easier to get your baby in and out of the infant seat.

Graco SnugRide Infant Adjustable Car Seat Base - 2 Silver & 2 Black
This convenient second adjustable car seat base is the perfect compliment to your SnugRide infant car seat. It will simplify your life and make moving your baby from one car to another easier. You can install one base in each car and then move the SnugRide car seat between vehicles with ease. This base adjusts to help get the proper recline for your Graco SnugRide infant car seat and is LATCH-equipped for easy installation. The metal and plastic components may be cleaned with mild soap and water. Then use a towel or dry cloth to wipe dry. The SnugRide infant car seat and base are to be used rear-facing only and are intended for infants from birth to 20 lbs and up to 26 inches.

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 8:31 pm
amazing deal. the carseats alone are worth over 200.00 and the same for the snap and go and spare bases.

yitta25

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 8:33 pm
A friend of mine with twins told me that her complete set costs approx. $500...so this is a good deal.

myfriends715

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 6:22 am
I was selling a lot like that for $150, and didnt get any hits, then I sold the seats seperatly, if u want I sstilll have the double snap n go willing to sell very cheap

Mirabelle

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 6:24 am
I am not so sure that I would be ok with buying a used car seat unless I knew the people that it was coming from.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 6:41 am
It's a good deal, but buying used car seats is not so recommended because you don't know if they've been in an accident, despite people's claims. Also find out when they expire.
Giselle is a girl's pattern I think -- if you're having 2 girls or don't mind putting a boy in it, fine.

One thing I thought of last night to mention to you. I believe the Snugrides aren't as small as some other car seats like the Combi connection and small babies (like twins typically) might have a hard time fitting properly. You can wedge in a receiving blanket between the crotch strap and the baby as well as putting a receiving blanket wedged around baby's head for support and a closer fit.

Also make sure whatever car seat you get has a front-adjusting harness for ease of adjustment.

hinda

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 10:19 am
Thanks all for the thoughtful replies.I hear they might be too big-good point.Color-Ill have to check how they look.I do know these are original owners who've had them for less than a year.Since its on Craiglsit and I live way OOT I will go their house to see them.I think a lot can be judged by what the home/people are like.I will ask them about crashes.I know buying used is not ideal,but everything out there is SO pricey.its crazy.Thanks for the double snap and go offer,but like Im said I'm way out of town and it probably doesn't make sense to ship.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 10:30 am
If they got new and seem to be upstanding people, I'd probably get them and just adjust for size with small babies, but I did verify they're pink Smile
(It's still a good bargain. You can switch the fabric if it really bothers you!)

Mirabelle

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 11:08 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
It's a good deal, but buying used car seats is not so recommended because you don't know if they've been in an accident, despite people's claims. Also find out when they expire.
Giselle is a girl's pattern I think -- if you're having 2 girls or don't mind putting a boy in it, fine.

One thing I thought of last night to mention to you. I believe the Snugrides aren't as small as some other car seats like the Combi connection and small babies (like twins typically) might have a hard time fitting properly. You can wedge in a receiving blanket between the crotch strap and the baby as well as putting a receiving blanket wedged around baby's head for support and a closer fit.

Also make sure whatever car seat you get has a front-adjusting harness for ease of adjustment.

HY- which carseat do you think is the best for twins (that may be smaller at birth)?

My last baby was 9 pounds, so its hard for me to imagine it....

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 11:19 am
I haven't done research in a year or so. The Combi Connection is supposed to be good in terms of fitting small babies, and weighs about the same as a SnugRide (it's what I currently use for my baby, and it's really nicely padded, etc) but it's a bit expensive.
The Chicco KeyFit is actually what my mother in law (CPST) recommends for small babies. Won't last as long as some other ones and is a drop heavier than the SnugRide. It's around the same price as a Combi. A drop higher than Graco (assuming you get with front adjuster which you should).
IIRC, you said you have a car seat already. Perhaps keep the one you have and use a new one that's good for smaller babies for your smaller of the 2? With proper wedging, the baby's position should be fixable really in the SnugRide and babies grow fast enough for it not to be much of a problem.
Whatever you get, if you think your babies will be small, or at least one will, just get one that says it's from birth instead of from 5 lbs. (For instance the Baby Trend Flex Loc, while affordable, only works from 5 lbs and up).
HTH.

hinda

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 8:34 pm
Thanks for all the input-and for letting me know they're pink carseats)

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 11:04 pm
my twins were preemies and we used the snugrides.

My son was 5 pounds 7 ounces at birth and came home from the hospital at about 5 pounds I think and he fit fine with just the regular removeable head roll thing that comes with the car seat (he had a big head).

My daughter came home from the hospital at 3 pounds 4 ounces and needed rolled blankies around her, but it really wasn't a big deal and it wasn't long before those blankies were gone.

Snugrides do fine even for small babies.

Mirabelle

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 6:43 am
Thanks so much for all the advice on which carseats are good!

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 6:55 am
My twins were preemies and they fit in the snigrides just fine, with some rolled up receiving blankets. IYH your twins will grow really fast and in no time at all you will be loosening the straps, so think of the long haul rather then the short haul.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more