Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
A year ago this time...
Previous  1  2  3  4

ESB

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 4:29 pm
Last year this time my dd started standing up and making a step here and there.

This year she is a terrible two year older who keeps me on my toes all day long. BH BH BH!

Shendellah

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 4:44 pm
Last year, this time, I was engaged and finishing up my last semester of college.

This year, I am married, working full time, DH and I bought our 1st home, baking my 1st challah, and preparing my 1st Yom Tov meal for both of our families!!!

Life gets better every year B"H!!!

miriamnechama

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 2:18 am
this one is really sad.

last year my downstairs neighbour went to meron as usual with her kids while her dh went to uman, she came back knowing that she'd have a husband to greet apon his return and share the yom tov of succos with.

This year she left to meron with her children knowing that she won't have a husband to greet after returning from uman, she won't have a hasband to share the yom tov of succos with, but she will only se her husband at techias hamesim may it be very soon.

she never freamt this would happen to her, and ithappened not so long ago, but bh the comunity has been wonderful to her, especially since she gave birth 2 a boy 3 weeks later. ie bris was on the shloshim.

wif

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 6:59 am
Thank you for this thread! I have so much to be grateful for!

This time last year, we could not afford meat for yom tov. I was supporting my little family while my husband was trying to find the strength to leave a dead-end job that had started out with so much promise and ended with betrayal. My metabalism also gave up the ghost and I was stuck with 20 pounds that I did not want. And I was missing my family like crazy.

This year--my husband has work that he rocks at and that he loves, and we got meat! and apples! and my metabalism hath returned! Still miss my family like crazy, though.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics