Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
R"H Recipe Requests from menu topic with credit to post

YummyMommy

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 12:50 am
So, I'm a last minute person, and I haven't made a lot of things yet. But I LOVE reading everyone's menus and getting such great recipes. I know it's really late and people prob don't have time... but...

I took notes, and here's a list of the recipes I'd love to get if anyone has a minute to spare Smile I would be very very indebted!!!!!

LakewoodMom your menu is amazing. My DH claims that when he was a Bachur the Lakewoodmoms REALLY knew how to cook.

I would love these recipes from the original poster of the menu or anyone who has them, I hope I got the "poster" of the reply correct:

Lakewood Mom's:
    Boston Cream Pie
    Honey Cookies (are these soft?)
    Sweet and Tangy Salmon
    Hot Sauteed Liver (how do you keep it hot for shabbos day?)
    Potato Burekas

Chani
    Chicken Gumbo (Essex on Coney used to make a terrific turkey gumbo, I'd love to know how to make gumbo)
    Sheperd's Pie
    Grilled Chicken Pineapple and Basil Sandwich (is that with Challah... sounds GREAT)
    Creamed Spinach

ILoveStrollers
    Roasted Sweet Potato and Yellow and Green Squash (sounds very pretty!)
    Deli Rolls from our friend Susie

SavtaHelen
    Gefilte Fish with 2 cans of tuna (that one is just out of curiosity, my children don't like tuna and, or gefilte fish, so I can't imagine I'll actually make this)
    Orange Soup
    Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce
    Chocolate Souffle

RSE
    PB Chocolate Pie
    Mini Mocha Bundt

Sleeping Beauty (So many...)
    Cream of Chicken Soup
    Scalloped Potato
    Cornflakes Salmon
    Salmon Salad
    HEARTS OF PALM Salad (bought too many cans)
    Cabbage Rugelach
    Crispy Glazed Chicken

Any replies are appreciated!

lakewood mom

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 9:24 am
YummyMommy wrote:
So, I'm a last minute person, and I haven't made a lot of things yet. But I LOVE reading everyone's menus and getting such great recipes. I know it's really late and people prob don't have time... but...

I took notes, and here's a list of the recipes I'd love to get if anyone has a minute to spare Smile I would be very very indebted!!!!!

LakewoodMom your menu is amazing. My DH claims that when he was a Bachur the Lakewoodmoms REALLY knew how to cook.

I would love these recipes from the original poster of the menu or anyone who has them, I hope I got the "poster" of the reply correct:

Lakewood Mom's:
    Boston Cream Pie
    Honey Cookies (are these soft?)
    Sweet and Tangy Salmon
    Hot Sauteed Liver (how do you keep it hot for shabbos day?)
    Potato Burekas

Chani
    Chicken Gumbo (Essex on Coney used to make a terrific turkey gumbo, I'd love to know how to make gumbo)
    Sheperd's Pie
    Grilled Chicken Pineapple and Basil Sandwich (is that with Challah... sounds GREAT)
    Creamed Spinach

ILoveStrollers
    Roasted Sweet Potato and Yellow and Green Squash (sounds very pretty!)
    Deli Rolls from our friend Susie

SavtaHelen
    Gefilte Fish with 2 cans of tuna (that one is just out of curiosity, my children don't like tuna and, or gefilte fish, so I can't imagine I'll actually make this)
    Orange Soup
    Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce
    Chocolate Souffle

RSE
    PB Chocolate Pie
    Mini Mocha Bundt

Sleeping Beauty (So many...)
    Cream of Chicken Soup
    Scalloped Potato
    Cornflakes Salmon
    Salmon Salad
    HEARTS OF PALM Salad (bought too many cans)
    Cabbage Rugelach
    Crispy Glazed Chicken

Any replies are appreciated!

Boston Cream Pie- graham craker crust, make instant chocolate pudding- using coffee whitener instead of milk. Whip up a whip and add on top of pudding. Freeze. You should get two pies.
Salmon- sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Bake uncovered for 12 minutes on 425. Boil 3 Tablespoons brown sugar, 3 teaspoons, mustard, 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Add on fish, and broil for 3 minutes.
Potato Burekas- make instant mashed potatoes Smile put on mini puff pastry squares. fold into triangles. sprinkle sesame seeds on it. Bake until golden brown.

Enjoy Smile

lakewood mom

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 9:27 am
I actually didn't figure out how I will keep my liver

YummyMommy

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 2:30 pm
TY Lakewood Mommy!

I actually recently discovered the joys of instant potatos.

I use them to make potato leek soup - yum!!! And for chicken wellington. Never thought of it for burekas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus