Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
"How to Succeed on Any Diet"

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 1:47 pm
I've heard it's a cute, funny book!

jewgal84

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 2:01 pm
Ok, wanna tell us more about it?

Tefila

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 2:07 pm
Rolling Laughter

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 2:13 pm
I've heard it's funny to read in the bathroom...and that it contains worthy diet tips..and that it has some specific-to-yomtov-and-shabbos ideas........

and I see it's not cheaper on amazon or ebay (yet)!

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 3:20 pm
Did not like it, it was very expensive and not what I expected, do you want my copy? Probably the shipping to the US from the UK will be more expensive then just buying it from the bookstores in the US.

Crayon210

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 3:21 pm
What was wrong with it?

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 3:35 pm
Knew someone would ask that question. It was long and just not my style. Okey the truth I brought it with all the other books and exercise weights, tummy flatterns, exercise machine, etc... and never used it. I was expecting an actual diet plan, it is not a diet plan it talks about all the different diest that you can go on. I just hated it but some people will love it it is just my personnal opion. By the way do not waste your money on any of these detox plan books. I did the detox diet for 3 weeks it nearly killed me. I could not move after it and felt awful. At the moment I am on a diet called the vitaline diet it's great I've lost nearly a stone in 6 weeks, look great and feel great.

jewgal84

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 3:41 pm
Jewish- Waht does your current diet recommend?

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 3:46 pm
[quote="jewgal84"]Jewish- Waht does your current diet recommend?[/quote]

I think this was ment for me. Okey it is high protein and low cab. Something to do with protein can not be stored in the body. Anyway you have to drink about 8 glasses of fluid a day. Have a drink of lemon water in the morning, have a small piece of pickled cucumber a day. Exercise twice a day with gentle exercises. You are ment to have small nibbles every 15 minutes no bigger then your baby fingernail. that lasted two weeks. Fed up with it now. The diet plan changes every week so your body does not get used to it. Did I not mention it costs a small packet but it is worth it. And it is personnal done for you one to one.

jewgal84

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 3:50 pm
Sounds neat. Did you find it hard to go from eating reg. to "an all of a sudden" lack of food,?

I know my friend is one a real limited diet. Every week has something else. First diff. types of lettuce, then diff types of grass, followed by pears and dandelion leaves Puke sounds disasterous, but it's working for herl, she lost (so far) 15 pounds in 3 weeks and looks great.

I'd rather have the maccaroni and cheese than eat horsefood Rolling Laughter !!!

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 3:56 pm
[quote="jewgal84"]Sounds neat. Did you find it hard to go from eating reg. to "an all of a sudden" lack of food,?

I know my friend is one a real limited diet. Every week has something else. First diff. types of lettuce, then diff types of grass, followed by pears and dandelion leaves Puke sounds disasterous, but it's working for herl, she lost (so far) 15 pounds in 3 weeks and looks great.

I'd rather have the maccaroni and cheese than eat horsefood Rolling Laughter !!![/quote]

Rolling Laughter Very Happy cannot stop laughing. No I am not on horse food I eat plenty of meat, fish, chicken, low fat cheese, eggs, etc... Last Shabbos I ate to much after the first course of over eating I was nearly sick, I think my stomach has shrunk. You enjoy your real food and I'll enjoy my horsefood, that is untill I get pregnant and stop eating all together as I'll have my head down the............ Thanks for the Wink laugh. Wink

jewgal84

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 4:00 pm
Quote:
cannot stop laughing. No I am not on horse food I eat plenty of meat, fish, chicken, low fat cheese, eggs, etc... Last Shabbos I ate to much after the first course of over eating I was nearly sick, I think my stomach has shrunk. You enjoy your real food and I'll enjoy my horsefood, that is untill I get pregnant and stop eating all together as I'll have my head down the............ Thanks for the laugh.

N/p,the world's best medecine!!

Btw, "they" say something about laughing; that it decreases the intake of calories per day, or something like that Wink !!!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 4:00 pm
But it's not billed as a diet book, rather a Chizuk book. I didn't expect it to have a meal plan, exercises, etc., I'm not interersted in her take on that that anyway.

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 4:04 pm
[quote="SaraG"]But it's not billed as a diet book, rather a Chizuk book. I didn't expect it to have a meal plan, exercises, etc., I'm not interersted in her take on that that anyway.[/quote]

Yeah, I never read things properly I read it wrong and thought it was a diet plan got it home and was very disappointed. But as I said before you might love it. Go into the bookstore look at it and see if you like it's style if you love it buy it if not do not. Sorry if I am putting you off it is only my opinion that's all.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 4:48 pm
On Amazon you have the option to read a few ages, too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise